Username or E-mail:
Forget your password?
Young Writers Society
How to make reviewers hate you...
Do you think this is good?
Total votes : 127
Mon May 26, 2008 6:28 pm
50) Only ever review your own work, then complain there's a bug because you aren't getting any points.
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue
Sociopath: So • ci • o • path
Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:31 pm
(With cackles.) Sounds something like making yourself the most hated writer on CritiqueCircle, only putting number 4 as number 1.
"...I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Sometimes I can stop laughing before people start edging away and talking about soothing drinks." - Lord Raould of Goldenlake and Malorie's Peak
Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:32 pm
51) Copy and paste the entire piece of work onto the quick reply box, and under it say, "That was awesome! Keep writing!"
52) Get very angry when Nate takes 3000 points away from you for spamming. And then PM him back persisting that you were doing no such thing.
Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:56 pm
#51 is my favorite. Reminds me of another:
53) Always quote the entire post that you are responding to, even if it's completely unnessesary to quote them at all.
Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm
I so totally voted no.
Also, this thing is getting as big as some of the threads in the Time Wasters forum.
Thu May 12, 2011 6:10 pm
54. Decide you had something else you wanted to say, and instead of editing a previous post and putting it in, you make an entirely new post to do it.
Thu May 12, 2011 11:34 pm
55. Describe every single article of clothing that your characters are wearing, even if the character isn't important because, come on, EVERYONE needs to know, in fine detail, what your character is wearing at every second of the day!
This is way too funny.
And I totally did not vote no just to be annoying O.o
If there's a 50/50 chance of getting something
go for it anyway because there is also a 50/50 chance of getting it
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
~Edgar Allen Poe
Sun May 22, 2011 2:26 am
Wow, I think I'll try to avoid doing any of that. . . I don't want to be hated T.T
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
I'm not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
I am the author of my life. Unfortunately I'm writing in pen and I can't erase my mistakes. . .
Wed May 25, 2011 9:11 pm
Ahahaha I loved this! <3
I've got another one (hope this hasn't been said.. )
56. Give people nice long reviews about everything you hated about their piece. Psshh.. who cares about being nice? The more you tear apart their piece, the better! It's called
critism for a reason right?
I'd like to think I'm creative... instead of just plain weird ;D
Tue May 31, 2011 10:48 am
57. Always like all of your own posts and pieces of work
Well OBVIOUSLY they forgot to like it so you do it for them!
A hero isn’t defined by winning. Loads of heroes die in the effort. Most of them never get any recognition. No, a hero is just somebody who does the right thing when it would be far, far easier to do nothing.
Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:00 am
58 - ask EVERYONE on the WRFF forum to review your work, and when they do, complain that everyone is attacking you/your piece.
59- make another account and use it to like everything you post/comment on, follow you, and review every new piece of work and argue with other reviewers when they disagree with your opinion
Also, I definetly didn't say no ^_^
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore
;'( please, my lump, he just needs HUGS <3
Need a review? Just ask
Just keep writing, just keep writing, do-do-do-do-do
Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:59 am
God I hate people who do these. The good thing is I only slighlty relate to 2 and 4.
2-Sometimes I post some useless reviews like "This was pretty good", but I at least give a lot of reasons why usually. And I don't really post many pieces so Im practically exempt
4-I sometimes trash reviews but only when the ARE trash. Sometimes people give bad advice or just plain troll. I don't trash constructive crits, but if you just say "This is bad english" or crap like that, I want REASONS,
But ya. Great guides for the newbs.
Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:33 pm
I am so happy I only accidentally didn't put my paragraphs apart one or twice. Indents aren't good online, apparently. -shuffles feet-
Well, I may have trashed a piece once a bit harshly. But their opinion of people who suffer from depression was horrendous. Compared them to trash, even. -shakes head sadly- Sure, sure, I know authors aren't characters, but...it was too sickening to ignore.
Yeah. I think you guys have everything covered quite well, though. Glad to have read through this to insure I'm not hated. I like being liked.
My SPD senses are tingling.
In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.
— Professor Dumbledore
Copyright © 2016
Young Writers Society
YWS logo created by Jordan Bobo
Header images ©
About / Info
Become a Supporter
Forums & RPG
Cover Art Creator
Poetic Lines Gen
Story Theme Gen
93,155 Literary Works • 490,057 Reviews