z

Young Writers Society

What do people do besides writing?

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:09 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Currently? Try to think about anything but finals! Instead, I try to focus on *drumroll* CHRISTMAS! :-)

But normally, if I'm not writing, I'm reading, studying (ad infinitum, this includes homework), listening to books on tape/CD, knitting (an old hobby re-discovered), sketching, painting, cross-stitching, drinking coffee, eating something generally sugary and unhealthy, or sleeping. :-)
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:11 pm
Ego says...

I am, first and foremost, a boyfriend.

Then I'm a writer. Then a gamer. Then a nerd.

Yeah, I like writing, video gaming, pen and paper gaming (you know, dungeons and dragons) and drawing. Yeah it's fun.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:03 pm
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

I play music, guitar, piano, trumpet ( i just got back from a college honor band thing i got selected for, got 3rd chair )

I shoot standard pistol (time limits and targets) matches/competitions (thinking about taking up rapid fire pistol shooting). I do rifle and skeet for fun also paintball and airsoft.

I draw occasionally, when the motivation and inspiration strikes me.

Then i'm a student, currently exams are coming up, so its study time.

Also a video gamer, board games (civilization, risk, dungeons and dragons, thinking about taking up warhammer 40k), card games (magic the gathering, regular card games).
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:37 pm
Firestarter says...

I spend the rest of my time being a boyfriend; playing video games; cycling; playing sports like soccer, cricket and tennis in the summers; D&D; watching Stargate; reading up on history and learning constantly; reading anything; I paint and construct models from as small as 15mm men to as big as 500mm ships.

Basically I'm a geek, with a sprinkling of sports.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:06 am
Ares says...

I do homework. And myspace. And this place. I try to read when I can. I like Airsoft and soccer. Hiking and walking is up on my list too. Roadtrips. Writing of course, when I have time. I'd roleplay more if I had anyone to do it with.Hanging out with friends. Listening to music. Working out. Ya know.

Crap like that.

Edit: I forgot guitar. I'm supposed to be trying to learn how to play.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:17 am
Snoink says...

Clarinet, calculus, messing up my room, cleaning my room, daydreaming, and wasting my time on the internet. Oh, and editing. :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:29 am
Icaruss says...

I go to parties. And drink. And talk to people.

That's where I get all the stories, see?
there are many problems in our times
but none of them are mine

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:33 am
Wiggy says...

Read, read, read!

Also, sports, cleaning, school, dancing, softball (soon!), Internet, and lots more! Mostly reading though. lol
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:49 am
bubblewrapped says...

Far too much, LOL. I'm a full-time extramural university student, which basically means that I get to work where and when I want, but it takes three times as long. I read when I can, usually 2 chapters a day if I'm lucky, but on my days off I can read 6 books in one go ^_^ I study ancient languages (yes, this is a hobby...I'm a glutton for punishment) - so far only Latin and Ancient Greek, but as soon as I have my degree I'm going to get into Ancient Egyptian, Celtic, Hebrew...and more. I play the flute occasionally. I used to be good but now I stink because (a) no lessons and (b) no time to practice. Which makes me sad, so I try not to think about it. I have a puppy called Ellie who loves to play (although unfortunately gets ignored too much because of coursework :() and I'm on YWS quite a bit (more so than I used to be, anyway). I have absolutely no social life. At all. Otherwise, you know, I do what all writers do when they're not writing. I sleep!
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:41 pm
Shafter says...

When not writing, I'm working on my editing job, printing photos of kids with Santa Claus for ten bucks an hour, reading, practicing violin, making photo collages with Photoshop, attending drama, orchestra or choir, journalling, eating, making pointless but hilarious conversation with my sister or one of my friends... but mostly I write. And sleep. And fortunately, I'm no one's girlfriend, so that frees up a lot of time! :)
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:12 pm
Dream Deep says...

Reading, playing the piano, listening to music, writing angry letters I never mail anywhere, writing happy letters I never mail anywhere, YWS-surfing, being neurotic, being tired, being complete. The latter three meaning I write. ;)

And dream deep of course. While I should be doing constructive like play the piano or pick up the house.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:10 pm
tinny says...

I do college work, read, usually all whilst watching trashy tv, I need it there for the background noise. I play the steel drums too. Which is fun ^^
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:39 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Let's see...

I work. I'm a dinner lady at a girl's school, a waitress at two places, occasionally I do pot-wash, and I also tutor French and German.

Aside from that... okay, so I'm not allowed to say writing... critiquing sometimes on here, chatting to people, learning languages (French, German, Japanese, and sometimes Russian, Mandarin, Spanish or Arabic - though I don't know so much with those last four). What else...? Um, used to do karate, but not so much now. Same with guitar. Listen to music, 'specially Japanese. Surf the Internet... und so weiter...

Yeah, so none of that is in any specific order. I just wrote it as it came into my head.
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:12 pm
Chandni says...

Well, I play tennis, I skate, I read, I play piano and I love listnening to music :)
I should not keep on, I'll just creep on creepin'on.

I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom