z

Young Writers Society

Muses

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:49 am
Writersdomain says...

I have far too many muses. I glean some kind of inspiration from almost everything I see, hear, or read. It's really fun to have specific songs for almost of your characters because they were the original inspiration for the character. Ah.

Romance muses:

My Tears of Lecraesa love songs: Prayer for Taylor, One Last Shot, and Into the Sunlight
Great Movie Love Themes CD
Angela Hunt (such a good author)
LA Kelly

Comedy Muses:

Wow, I don't have many...
Who I Am Hates Who I've Been by Relient K
The Barnyard Bridge?! (strange song)
my old stories. :P

Fantasy Muses:

Robin Hobb
LotR (music, movies etc.)
Stephen Lawhead
Alison Croggon
Janny Wurts
King Arthur soundtrack
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:38 pm
Manny says...

My muse would have to be Steven Gould. He's, in my opinion, the best sci-fi writer ever. He has a way of pulling ordinary people into extraordinary circumstances like no other. My favorite book ever is actually one of his, Jumper, and I encourage all of you to give it a try. And of course Spider-Man.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:27 am
Lilith says...

I've sort of got this like mental muse that I think might have been a pirate or a gypsy or something. Either way, its like a mix of Johny Depps crazy character (we know, we love) Jack Sparrow. :elephant: and I've always wanted to learn and write about gypsies so my muse is just sort of my crazy alter ego.

The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch