z

Young Writers Society

Free Copyright

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:44 am
McMourning says...

Robert L. Iles wrote:You wouldn't believe that anything that's under the control of lawyers and government would be free and simple, but copyright is. All you have to do is claim copyright likt this: Copyright © National Seminars, Inc. 1987.
In fact, you have copyright even when you don't claim it. The interpretation of the law runs this way: from the time the creator of something picks up his or her pen, copyright in in force. (Yes, you can go to Washington and file a paper and pay a fee, but that's necessary only in unusual circumstances.)
You can put a copyright notice on anything you write--reports, ads, newsletters. The notice gives you protection under the law, thus discouraging pirates and copiers.

Does anyone know about this?
When he says, "the interpretation of the law", does he mean his interpretation or the government's interpretation?
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:00 am
Sureal says...

Yes, he's correct. As soon as you create something, it's copyrighted to you.
I wrote the above just for you.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:34 pm
Via says...

Yes, that is true. But if you prefer something in writing you can post your poems on 'poetry.com' and they are instantly copyrighted as well as entered into a mass amount of contests. :)
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:16 pm
McMourning says...

Thanks!
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

"Life, although it may only be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein