z

Young Writers Society

Which is better?

Reviews: 0
Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:00 am
adamr says...

I apologize as this is going to be very vague but I can't reveal too much of novel as I'm hoping for it to become published.

Which of the following feels the smoothest, most logical way

1. Character A goes with Character B, Character B allows him to remember all, Character A then goes on to discuss his quest with Character C

2. Character A goes into world where his quest is sit, Character C allows him to remember all

3. Can you think of an alternative? Probably not, but...

Thanks.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:30 am
deleted6 says...

Adam we all are, but we can't go without details none of us are thieves. We all want same thing and your ideas to someone else may seem rubbish. So tell us more.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:13 am
McMourning says...

Hello!
I agree with Siegfried...we're not going to steal you ideas. We all take that risk when we post our pieces on the Literary forums. Someone could steal our idea. Most of us want it to be published somewhere down the line, just like you.
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:34 pm
Meep says...

It really depends, and we really don't have enough information. Really it comes down to how important you want Character C to be and wether or not Character B will be important/showing up again.

There's a name or something for this. Pretty much the rule goes "if you introduce something in scene one, use it again by scene three." So if Character B is only in "scene one" but Character C will remain important to the story, don't bother introducing Character B.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:08 am
Snoink says...

Flip a coin between A and B? ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Reviews: 0
Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:25 pm
adamr says...

Genius! Somehow Meep has managed to answer my question without any necessary information. She's right-- because character B won't feature again as I've axed book 2 and 3 of my trilogy.

Great minds on these forums-- thanks. :D

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:02 am
snap says...

In Adam's defense, I can see where he is coming from. I'm in the process of writing two different novels, and I would rather not post the details either, I don't know if this can be google'ed, but there is always that one odd person that creates an account and doesn't want to do his/her own work. But I didn't really understand the scenario either. Perhaps a compromise would be making up different names than are in your story and giving us a tad more information? In my experience, unless you post something very close to your own plot line, it is very difficult for someone to take the ideas and add enough to it to make it a finished piece. Just MHO.

Gravity was a mistake.
— Till Nowak