z

Young Writers Society

Catchy Title

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:02 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

xtenx wrote:. But the fact that the author is published at all means the book probably isn't a complete piece of crap (there are exceptions to that of course :roll:).

:coughcough"Criss Cross" coughcough: ;)

Oops. My story has swords in the title!X_X I only used it because "sword" is a term for war in a favorite story of mine. (I've changed the title of that story SEVERAL times. Started out as "A Lot Bit" because I love the sound of that phrase....bleh. I can always change it again :P )

I rely on titles a lot, too. for example, if a poem sounds emo to me (no offense to anyone), like it has "pain", "Loneliness" "sorrow" "blood" "death" "despair" "The Dark ___" or "Tears of ____" I'm about....100% less interested in it. Come on, people! It's the same way with usernames. It's a trend to give yourself a dark, creepy name that gives the image that you are in a cult, have a deal with the Lich King or have sold your soul. And I just don't get it.
ohmeohmy

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:07 pm
Goldenheart says...

What do you think about one-word titles? Like 'Audacity,' or 'Emma'?
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

"Be happy, my friend; and if you obey me in this one request, remain satisfied that nothing on earth will have the power to interrupt my tranquility."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein