z

Young Writers Society

Local Miracle

Reviews: 0
Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:57 pm
adamr says...

This is a question integral to my plot, I need your opinions guys.

Say there's a congregation of 10,000 who have come to see a local miracle. A man (who has his own religion) believes that there's another world and says that he is going to pass through it. Would you think he's a phony?Would you volunteer?

What questions would pass your mind?

Thanks...very much.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:07 pm
Sureal says...

I'd be thinking something along the lines of "ZOMG, cult!" The letters "B" and "S" would also come up.

But then, I'm also an atheist, materialist, sceptic and believer in critial thinking, so it's kind of expected I'd be thinking that.
I wrote the above just for you.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:29 pm
Emerson says...

Like Sureal, I'd say cult. And BS.

But I am religious, so you are hearing it from a differently thinking mouth. (What did I just say???)

I wouldn't volunteer, but I would certainly watch all of the TV documentaries and learn about it after the leader convinced everyone to kill themselves and then he tries running away with all there money!

Heaven's Gate comes to mind. You should take a look at that link.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:03 am
HeadInTheClouds says...

I'd ask him about it and tell him he'd have to show me rock solid proof that what he was saying was true before I would beleive him. Your plot sounds very interesting, I hope you post some of your story on the site. I'd love to read it.
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:56 pm
adamr says...

Thanks for the response guys-- the Heaven's Gate link was really helpful. Keep 'em comin'

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:02 pm
Myth says...

Sounds interesting. I would probably watch and wait before really saying anything, you can't really judge people or call them names just because they seem to or can 'perform miracles'.
.: β‚ͺ :.

'...'

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:02 pm
Lilyy03 says...

I wouldn't volunteer, as it seems rather... strange, I guess. I'd be interested in finding out how it went, though.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:03 pm
Shafter says...

I'd be annoyed with myself that I was interested, and I would think one of two things: a big phony or a guy who's demon-possessed or something. Either way, I wouldn't go. But I would be strangely fascinated nevertheless.
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:36 pm
Snoink says...

I would think it's very interesting and get involved -- not to become involved, but to prove or disprove what he's doing in a scientific manner.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:50 pm
View Likes
adamr says...

How would expect the 'miracle' man to try to get into this 'world' -- I know-- but I won't say-- as I need to see if it matches.

Your input is magnificent :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:00 pm
magiclukehutch says...

I'd ask him what happens in this other world and if it was good, I'd volunteer, I think
Always happy to help!

The man who never makes a mistake always takes orders from one who does.
— Anonymous