z

Young Writers Society

Ways to get ideas of what to write

Reviews: 0
Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:22 am
Pacific says...

Alot of my ideas come to me through instrumental music (or piano solos). I may be one strange teenager to some of you, but I like it. All I have to do is close my eyes and listen (without interruptions) and think of how the music makes me feel or what it reminds me of.

I also do a lot (I mean A LOT) of thinking. Mainly in the car, in the shower, when I'm sitting awake in my bed at night. Like the other day I was thinking in the car and came up with a great idea.

Sheesh, you'd think my story was running my life :D.
-Kiley-
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you. - Rita Mae Brown

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:34 am
extrication says...

My best ideas come while I'm doing nothing particularly mind-stimulating. Like showers, day-dreaming, that kind of thing. I find that ideas and cool-sounding phrases always come at the most inopportune times, though, so I always forget them. :( I also take regular walks around town, or sit in a cafe/bookstore and sometimes, I jot down conversations I hear around me. This helps me find ideas too, because there is always some minour drama unfolding between that couple behind you. ;)
because memory moves in orbits
of absence, because she holds her hands out in the rain,
and rain remembers nothing, not even how it became itself.
- Las Ruinas del Corazon, Eric Gamalinda

Uh, Lisa, the whole reason we have elected officials is so we don't have to think all the time. Just like that rainforest scare a few years back: our officials saw there was a problem and they fixed it, didn't they?
— Homer Simpson