z

Young Writers Society

Navel-gazing

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Sun May 27, 2007 12:06 am
BFG says...

I bring my notebook - my shell- with me into the 'wide world'. Most of the time I never open it, but it's there for reassurance just in case. I'm ready to disappear if I feel out of place. But it's the times I forget my notebook, and have to suffer through something, that I feel I learn the most. It's like in that speech the uncle gives to the kid in Little Miss Sunshine, about suffering... ok yeah I like that movie a little too much, but still. You get the idea.
“It is one of life's bitterest truths that bedtime so often arrives just when things are really getting interesting.” - Lemony Snicket

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sun May 27, 2007 9:36 am
Ofour says...

Oh, the outsideness, it pleases me so. With the running and the jumping and the bouncing and the rolling and skipping with all the joyness that's coming.

Jimothy likes the big outdoors...
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Mon May 28, 2007 12:39 am
Samara says...

actually, i think this is a really great tip. how are you supposed to WRITE about the world if you refuse to LIVE in the world?

this is something i had to learn when i was younger. it was a difficult lesson. i liked my personal bubble oh so much.

but people are fun. and they give you such good stories if you listen.
"I can't stand him. His ego is splattered all over that screen and it's making me nauseous."
~Me referring to Ashton Kutcher.

"I think the dragon should eat him."
~My boyfriend referring to Eragon

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu May 31, 2007 5:58 pm
jessibee says...

great...from now on I'm going to be second guessing myself for hours to make sure I'm not being too conceited...which to be honest i sound like i am sometimes in my writing...
all well ill go to the beach this weekend and work on liberating myself from...myself :D

thanks Snoink

xjess
"I may disagree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
-Voltaire

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu May 31, 2007 6:39 pm
Sureal says...

Why would I write a poem about myself? I'm boring.
I wrote the above just for you.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:35 pm
Leja says...

This is very helpful Snoink, thank you!

'The Answer to the Great Question... Of Life, the Universe and Everything... Is... Forty-two,' said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy