z

Young Writers Society

Art.. What need to be answered.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:55 pm
Emma says...

Okay, Im badly stuck. What would you say that would make your art work a WHOLE load better?

For instance,

What improvements do you think people need to make?
What should they watch out when sketching object or people?
What about the tone on those objects or people?
What about cartoon drawings, whats the easiest and what will help to make them better?

These answers to these quetions would help ME and others, if you have any more questions then Im sure they will answer for you.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:49 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

I'm not that good at it, but I'll help.

1. find the time of day you think you are the most awake and ready to work. For me this is sixth period (social studies), about 1:00-2:00. This is the time when I actually LIKE what I'm drawing, even if it's a complete load of junk.

2. THE ERASER IS YOUR FRIEND. hey, i wouldn't know, but this is kind of basic to me. Never be SATISFIED with your work, just pleased. There's always someway to make it better.

3. Write more. This is very odd, but for your people help- sit and watch people. Sketch little stick people to illustrate how they move, what they look like, how their clothes move when they do. Write little descriptions about who these people are, what you think anyway. I find it best to get to know the people you're drawing- I think I do a lot better when I make up their name, what they're doing, that kind of thing. Make up a character.

Hope i helped...a little bit. I'm not really the greatest artist in the world, but still...just from my experience. ;D
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683

WHAT'S UP, POTATOES?
— Rudy (Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality)