z

Young Writers Society

Too Darn Hot

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:58 am
Skittles says...

so i have two stories...they have a romantic element in it, but it's mostly an action packed quest...well i've read thet tips...and everyone's comments...but i just have to know if the romance in both stories (each one is different) is good...
Story number 1:
it's kinda si-fi...they're living on neptune a trillion years later...but my MC has two older brothers...her eldest brother ends up going insane over his family whom were killed during one of the wars...so my MC Luna visits this brother everyday at the mental institute...ok now this is where she meets Erebos...he's not crazy but kinda creeps her out at first when he starts talking about this planet called..."Earth"...well long story short, Luna gets to know Erebos as well as his father who's in the same room, and breaks him out later on...is that cliche...i don't know many romance novels...twilight (twilight fans please don't kill me...) was a bore...but Luna is the basic average girl...nothing really special bout' her...and as for her future lover...she met him at a mental institute....

Story number two:
this is another Si- Fi/fantasy...it includes powers and high techy stuff...well anyway...MC has a best friend...best friend is totally in luv with this so called rock star who comes and goes as he pleases in the celeb life...its rock stars last concert...Mc is not thrilled at all, but she'd do anything to make best friend happy...best friend shows MC picture of rocks star...he is insanly cute...MC doesn't see it though...all she sees is a snob...then MC and best friend get to concert and it starts and MC sorta has fun...well Best friend says they get to meet Rock star in person since her cousin is friends with him...they get to bestfriend's cousin's house where MC and best friend meet rockstar...rockstar ends up having been her best friend when they were little...well later on best friend ends up girlfriend to rock star...MC isn't jealous but isn't thrilled either...well MC happens to be daugther to a powerful woman in politics and ...well really confusing...but MC was forced into working for the government and it's all top secret...well MC finds out one day that Rock star is actually just like her in work styles since they end up having to work together on a mission...again..long story short...they're going to fall in love obviously, but the conflict is MC's best friend who ends up being...well i won't give away the end...
When life hands you lemons.....stuff them in your bra...
Dear Edward,
Piss off you poser
,Dracula

Do you bite your thumb at me Sir?!
My mama used to say life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what ur gunna get...

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:20 pm
View Likes
Warrior Princess says...

I'm 4 years and 16 days late, but I just thought I'd drop in and tell you I love this! I agree with all points, especially the one about the girl hating the guy initially. What are the odds? All my romances have been with guys I was attracted to from the beginning! If I hate him, it's not likely that will change...... In most cases the hating comes after the romance. :P
You must be swift as the coursing river,
With all the force of a great typhoon,
With all the strength of a raging fire,
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:15 pm
Stori says...

*puts in two cents*

I think maybe the most important thing to remember is that you're writing a story. It still has a conflict (whether it ties into the romance or not) as well as other characters.

Another thing: it seems some people will insist on writing a piece where one lover is human and the other... isn't. That's all right, if you're prepared to deal with them being sterile. Heck, that can be part of the conflict.

Reviews: 1
Wed May 18, 2011 12:00 am
PaigeEmily says...

Thank you for this post :D it's given me some great pointers :)
However I do think that the reason people use dashingly gorgeous men and beautifully perfect women is that readers like to escape from reality and get into the mind of somebody else. Somebody perfect but somebody they can also relate to. I think that's the biggest accomplishment to a writer, finding something people can relate to.
Regardless of me agreeing with writers using the good looking protagonists this post helped me :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:49 pm
CABcaitlin says...

I'm currently writing a Romance novel, and this SERIOUSLY helped. You have actually persuaded me to change the ending, and that is pretty hard to do. Might read a few of your short stories now, ty for the advice! :D

A true poet does not bother to be poetical. Nor does a nursery gardener scent his roses.
— Jean Cocteau