z

Young Writers Society

I'm Too Lazy To Come Up With My Own Plot Twists

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:05 am
View Likes
Sam says...

On Gmail, I spied an ad calling 'NaNoWriMo Participants', and procrastinating on aforementioned project, I clicked on it:

http://www.storybase.net/index.php

It's really quite simple- you enter in your characters' names, and then you can choose their mindset, type of action, or a keyword, and the program will give you a few general ideas for a scene or a plot.

For instance, if you put in 'Hamlet' as a character, and choose the keyword 'death', it'll give you things such as, "Hamlet is paranoid upon a vision of death", and so on. [That was an actual one...creepy how it knows the story, right? :P]

It's pretty great if you're bored/stuck- and it wouldn't hurt to get guidance on fleshing out on a story.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:46 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Oh my... I made my characters Daniel, Claude, and Freak and clicked relationship, because all three of them have that conflict in the story, and for some weird reason, the program wanted to put Claude and Daniel together...

Daniel has a secret relationship with Claude

Only a little disturbing! O_o

Oh well. Then there were some conflicts that came pretty close to the actual thing, lol.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:23 am
View Likes
Myth says...

Monessa struggles to help a dying Sebastian

That is very wrong, however:

Monessa can’t help but laugh at Sebastian

Afraid of change, Monessa avoids success

This is more like it.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:09 pm
View Likes
Poor Imp says...

Oy, Sam--whether useful or not, it's fun. ^_^

And this seemed apt:
Tov turns and runs

The one before it, however, made no sense at all. o0'
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:25 am
Elelel says...

... it's trying to match up a twelve year old girl and a twenty-two year old elf! And the elf is tiny. Not like a human sized elf.

Insane.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:28 pm
View Likes
Fishr says...

Alright, I had a little too much fun with this, and I think I was entirely too amused.

Currently, my main character is feeling anger, so I went with that to see what happend. The results were too funny!

Samuel seeks revenge - True

Samuel helps Welcome get revenge on Martha - Not if I kill Samuel first! Totally false.

Samuel seeks revenge against Welcome for harming Martha - :shock: Ah... Such violence, LOL!

Samuel imagines getting revenge against Welcome - I think his father would bend him like a twig first.

----

Then, I decided to be more realistic and this is what I came up with. I almost laughed quite a bit especially with a character that has never been put to paper in detail yet. Take a peek:

Garrick insults Angus - :shock: Well, that would be the end of the story in one short blow.

Garrick loses control - Ah... No comment. ;)

Garrick provokes Angus - Garrick has a deathwish apparently.

Garrick loses everything - No fair! They're in my head! But what does he gain? That's the real question.

Garrick considers giving up - OK, this is getting weird but so true.

Garrick receives forgiveness - Yikes! This program knows my char a little too well!

Garrick celebrates with Angus - Or maybe not! LOL!

Garrick is thirsty for revenge - So true...

Garrick is reunited with Angus - Gay marriages in the 18th century, well, that's new!

Garrick catches Angus cheating - And there goes the divorce...

Garrick expresses love to Angus - Now I know where Brokeback Mountain came about.

Garrick learns of Angus's death - Great, another emotional journey. :x

Garrick is unable cope with life - Uh... No comment again. ;)

Garrick visits a place from the past - Yup!

Garrick viciously lashes out at Angus - I wouldn't do that to the British. Garrick has issues. :P
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:16 pm
View Likes
Mickiemoo says...

Mystery is abandoned by Liberty

Mystery says goodbye to Liberty

Mystery asks Liberty to forgive

Mystery is thirsty for revenge

Mystery is reunited with Liberty

Mystery catches Liberty cheating

theyre about right, its about Liberty cheating on her boyfriend, with Mysterys boyfriend, and Mystery leaves and at th eend thy are reunited! lol

Mystery expresses love to Liberty
this one howver, is very untrue!

although, there is not mention at all about my third character, Martha? very wierd!

Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?
— Obi-Wan Kenobi