z

Young Writers Society

A Winter Surprise

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:22 pm
Emerson says...

(Okay, so this isn't about critiquing....)

It's the last day in November. I really want to finish my novel, and others really want to pass the 50,000 word mark! I have this huge test to take today that could mean life or death in my Honors Chemistry class because I'm such a perfectionist and I need an A....

AND THEY CANCEL SCHOOL! I'm not sure whether to be excited, or disappointed. The thing is, it is supposed to be sleeting/freezing rain later but my school district seems to never cancel until they can see the snow on the ground and they know no one can drive on it. I woke up at 5:00am so I could leave for school early to go to a Chemistry study session at 6:20. School doesn't normally start until 7:15. I woke up a whole hour early for nothing! Should I be disappointed that I can't go to school and take my test? Well, I'm not! I get to study more AND write!

Does anyone else who is trying to finish their novel have a nice winter surprise (or feigning illness ;-) ) to keep them home and writing?
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:54 pm
Myth says...

My school never closed for anything and you had to be there or the school phoned up to check you weren't skiving.

Yeah, I missed one day in Year 7 and a teacher came to my house and I had to translate for Mum with my sore throat.
.: β‚ͺ :.

'...'

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
— Mark Twain