z

Young Writers Society

Ah... the frustration...

Reviews: 3
Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:53 pm
zomg_briana says...

Ever have the perfect plot- all the settings, sub-plots, and characters laid out, but there's one itsy bitsy key part that you can't figure out??

That's the situation I'm in. Let's just say my characters have to find something. I know where they're gonna find it, and I know when. I just don't know how.

Anyone have any ideas?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:30 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Just daydream. It'll come to you. :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:48 am
aeroman says...

Leave the idea alone for a couple of days. Then think about it some more. Then leave it alone for a couple of days. Then think about the problem some more. (rinse repeat). This is how I solve problems; I'm not sure if it will work for you, but it generally works for me in story plotting! :D
They haven't invented the missile that can kill an ideal.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:51 am
Emerson says...

Maybe you're thinking about it too much?
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:39 am
Roaming Shadow says...

Combination of what Snoink and aeroman said. I often do a lot of random daydreaming, and I get a lot of cool stuff out of it. 95% of those thoughts have absolutely nothing to do with my currents story, but one things lead to another and I eventually get something. So, yeah, what they said. They just beat me to it.
"In a fair fight I would have killed you."
"Well that's not much insentive for me to fight fair now is it?" (PotC: TCftBP)

I'm probably dead already, but that doesn't mean I can't take a few scumbags with me. ~Jak

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:20 pm
aeroman says...

Something I forgot to add, make sure to not stress about it (unless you have a deadline then I would probably stress it). But answers don't always come easy for plot problems/holes. So like I said before, do that. And make sure you're not stressing. (everyone stresses a little bit, but if you do it too much than you're going to end up wanting to rip your hair out over the problem)
They haven't invented the missile that can kill an ideal.

Reviews: 0
Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:52 pm
Alicia K. Hudson says...

I've had the exact same problem. It just came to me one day, in a dream. One day, it will happen to you too, hopefully. If it doesn't, you'll find a way, writers do that.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:50 am
Elelel says...

Mix what everyone has said, and shake well.

Don't fret about it. Nothing blocks ideas like fretting. It will probably just come to you, if not then you might like to fiddle with the circumstances a little. THen you'll have a slightly different situation to wonder about, and that one might spark ideas.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

Nobody wants to see the village of the happy people.
— Lew Hunter