Experimental Writing w/ a Journal.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:19 pm
View Likes
BeingRivy says...

Hi,
I'm BeingRivy and here's what I need:
I need help. I have a notebook that I want to experiment after all my story writing failures that I wrote online in YWS, I decided to keep a majority of those ideas with me. Every story I made all had harsh feedback and I lacked confidence and joy in my writing. Even though the stories looks fun, I failed to complete any story I can create. And any short story or series I wanted to make looked fun at first, but would have too many ideas for characters from the feedback reviews themselves.
I have to make so many ideas for stories and characters, that there would be too much to add, and would better off be made into a long series, and I don't write series stories.(I want to make short stories not long series stories). I need to write in that notebook, because I thought it would help me with the ideas and characters I have trapped in my head, and make a completed rough story based on these ideas. But I failed to write, and instead I drew lazy pictures from my creative subconscious head that have nothing to do with my story. They always pop out of my brain, and make it more chaotic. I don't like it very much when I put pictures in my notebook. Where do you think I can put doodling pictures inside in and what can I do? I do not want to make my drawing off-topic, away from my rough story.
I want my notebook to be private, fun, cozy, experimental and rough (not finished and published) and have good things in my story. Maybe make some rough stories that can help me get out of my comfort zone.
Here are my four questions, when you don't mind answering:
1. Any good story tips for comedy writing?
2. How can I stop being jealous of other people's stories and apply to what I learn from those (when they can write and make better review stories better than me)?
3. How do I make my characters do more realistic things and not out of context stuff that is so unnecessary, that everyone will hate me??? How can I ever stop making unnecessary characters that make no sense???
4. How can I enjoy my stories when I'm always jealous and upset about other people's stories?!?

I really, really need help. Everyone please help. Please write a lot of replies. Also I need your responses/answers to be unique!!!! Because everyone writes the down the same answer over and over again, As if I'm stupid and brainless. Please write down many different answers as soon as possible and make the answers long!

From, BeingRivy.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:01 pm
View Likes
fantasies says...

Rivy, im going to respond to the last two questions.
question 3: how do i make my characters do more realistic things?
my answer to this is imperfections.
now by that i mean anything. bad habits such as tugging at their eyelashes, biting their nails, even things like depression, anxiety (or any other disorder or whatever,) anger issues, etc. nobody is perfect. so do not make your characters perfect. perfecto characters are boring. if you want a character like this, give them a backstory. some personality. maybe they are abused at home (although i have seen this too much) or they were adopted. even if they are seen as perfect, they are not.
question 4: how can i enjoy my stories when i'm always jealous of other people's stories?
dont think about other's stories, think about yours. write what you enjoy. what you would read yourself. if you dont, however, enjoy it, maybe make it so it is, or leave it. write for your own entertainment.

i wish you luck.
paige/fanta/fantasies
female
likes cheese
likes purple
kindness matters

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:22 pm
View Likes
Fishr says...

I don’t know what to say anymore to you because whenever I, or someone else does, it’s never good enough to make you happy and satisfied. So it makes me really reluctant replying to any threads of yours in Writing Tips.

That said, the best advice a teacher gave me was, “Write what you know most about.” Autism is like a superpower. Use it to your advantage. You have experience with people not understanding you, pushing you away, making fun of you, etc. Incorporate those traits into a character’s flaws.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

362 Reviews

Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:35 pm
View Likes
Fishr says...

I have a question for you, Rivy. Why do you want to write so badly?
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

12 Reviews

Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:47 pm
BeingRivy says...

Fishr wrote:I have a question for you, Rivy. Why do you want to write so badly?

Hi @Fishr,
I want to write because I want to be an author. But because i may not write very much here anymore and i do everything on purpose. Everything is my fault. Not one person likes whatever i write. Did you even read my stories? They were worthless. All the writers in YWS I know and love gave me harsh feedback. All the authors and creators of comics i know and love gave me advice, and forgot about me because i'm a 'spam'. All my family know nothing about my writing goals, because they think i know how to compromise everything on my own! And i want to ask them everything about the meaning behind all this harsh feedback and whatever it all means. But they usually leave me and i can't answer ANY QUESTION I WANT, AND GIVE ME ADVICE! they failed to give me more!
I ALSO want to go to south Korea when i grow up and get older, that's why i want to write comics now!!! I don't read a lot of webtoons, because i have to use the library computer to watch whatever i want. I have a tablet, but it has no internet. And i do NOT HAVE a phone! My house has no internet or WIFI plan!
YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME PLEASE!!! I have ADHD, and autism according to my mom!!!!
NO ONE BELEIEVES ME, SO PLEASE ANSWER MY FIRST FOUR QUESTIONS !!!!!! You are my only hope!
I want to write comedy/funny/humorous stories, fantasy stories, and draw because they are much better than horror, and horror movies. and as i said before i don't like horror movies.
Thank you and please answer the rest of my questions above.
I am satisfied with whatever you got.
From, BeingRivy.

362 Reviews

Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:37 pm
View Likes
Fishr says...

If you want to be an author, you will have to accept criticism. I read the replies about your stories and I thought they were constructive, not harsh.

Also, please stop mentioning you have ADHD or whatever. No one cares. And it’s now annoying.

If you can’t accept criticism then writing might not be the hobby for you because if want to be published by an agent, you will need to learn to accept it.

You should go back and re-read all the replies members have already offered you and sort through and take notes, not keep asking the same questions and then pasting your queries all over different forums on YWS; that would be, yes, considered spam.

Edit: How to write comedy? Eh, my ‘comedy’ is pure sarcasm and dark humor. 😗 And banter between characters. Comedy has its own genres. XD What did you have in mind @BeingRivy?

12 Reviews

Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:56 pm
View Likes
BeingRivy says...

Fishr wrote:If you want to be an author, you will have to accept criticism. I read the replies about your stories and I thought they were constructive, not harsh.

Also, please stop mentioning you have ADHD or whatever. No one cares. And it’s now annoying.

If you can’t accept criticism then writing might not be the hobby for you because if want to be published by an agent, you will need to learn to accept it.

You should go back and re-read all the replies members have already offered you and sort through and take notes, not keep asking the same questions and then pasting your queries all over different forums on YWS; that would be, yes, considered spam.

Edit: How to write comedy? Eh, my ‘comedy’ is pure sarcasm and dark humor. 😗 And banter between characters. Comedy has its own genres. XD What did you have in mind @BeingRivy?

Ok @Fishr,
I'm sorry i didn't accept the critics in my writing. It's just that i want them to be more specific and give me all the answers to my questions.
And i have two new question for you Fishr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please answer.
1. What can i do to accept critism? How can i accept critics when it's hard, scary, and too much to handle on my plate????
I really want to learn how to accept criticism even though it's harsh, please teach me. I have no friends!!!! I don't even understand about the consequences of unfollowed rules, rules are boring and I know i can't control them. So i try to be a perfectionist!!
2. Do you even EVER have exercises and ideas to never cry in tears in front of critics and reviews???
I'm sick of losing everything when i'm this upset. Why is everyone acting like no one wants me anymore???? PLEASE, why does no one like my stories anymore????
Also, I'M NOT SICKO!!!! I'M NOT DUMB!!!PLEASE, I'M HERE FOR JOURNALING TIPS, NOT HARSH PEOPLE TELLING ME WHAT I NEED OFF TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From, BeingRivy.

362 Reviews

Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:38 pm
View Likes
Fishr says...

First, stop using all caps and many (!!!). That might be the reason why people have stopped talking to you online. I will ask that you do not address me in all caps or yelling at me using many (!!!). It is rude. And I do not appreciate it.

As to your two new questions, I do not have answers to them other than what I said earlier: write what you know about, not what you want to do. Also believe it or not, setting aside projects for a while, and then coming back to them gives the writer a fresh, new, perspective and an invigorating one. Why? Because at some point our brains just burn out with focusing too much and it gets tired. Setting aside writing projects recharges our mental batteries. Carry your journal with you when you go on walks or car rides. That’s when ideas may come springing to your mind and write them down. Staring at blank pages in your bedroom in your house will get a writer generally no where.
Last edited by Fishr on Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:07 pm
View Likes
fantasies says...

Also, I'M NOT SICKO!!!! I'M NOT DUMB!!!PLEASE, I'M HERE FOR JOURNALING TIPS, NOT HARSH PEOPLE TELLING ME WHAT I NEED OFF TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your mental health right now, Rivy, is not good. you need help. come back to writing when you are in a better state.
paige/fanta/fantasies
female
likes cheese
likes purple
kindness matters

12 Reviews

Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:29 pm
View Likes
BeingRivy says...

PaigeFantasy wrote:

your mental health right now, Rivy, is not good. you need help. come back to writing when you are in a better state.

Ok got it. I'll try to go see a doctor, and counselor... if i have one.
from, BeingRivy.

362 Reviews

Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:35 am
View Likes
Fishr says...

2. Do you even EVER have exercises and ideas to never cry in tears in front of critics and reviews???

@BeingRivy
Nope. XD Actually, when someone is critiquing a story of mine, say Snoink for example, or Dreamy, I politely tell them, “Go ahead and shred it (story) to pieces.” Lol! And they both have great fun doing so. Haha.

Having a good, honest editor helps leaps and bounds when they offer suggestions because you get to see what the reader sees and the editor will challenge your criteria aka improve the overall quality of the story itself as a whole. Stories generally go through three to several drafts until it feels complete by the author. You will not write a super cool story, best seller, right away. It will take several drafts of re-writing the story before a writer finally accepts the manuscript is finished. After that, it time to take the manuscript and format it. (There are many online sites that you can download to use for formatting. Just use google). If you’re interested in doing traditional publishing I believe the author send out quarries to potential publishing agencies until you hear back that the publishing agency is interested in your manuscript. Well, I’m getting ahead of myself. We need to get you through your first draft first, and then help you by critiquing your story. 😌

Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
— Carl Sandburg