Young Writers Society

How to analyze and annotate books

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed May 11, 2022 4:11 pm
BeingRivy says...

I want to ask you a question:
How do i read and annotate better?
how can I write what the whole story or episode of the series is about??
I also need to find some questions I can ask about the characters or the synopsis of the whole story, so that I can understand the story better and apply what I learned to MY stories. I need to find questions that I can ask about the characters and the story. And to figure it out somehow.
What questions can I ask, relating to figuring out who and what story and/or characters and why do the characters or stories create these actions?

I hope you understand, and i apologize for putting in too many words... :?

I'm asking this question because I want to read and annotate a Spanish book about fairytales. I want to do this just the same as reading and annotating an English book. but i don't know how to do this without ruining the book or pages.

thanks, From, Rivy.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sun May 15, 2022 3:02 am
Fishr says...

I don’t understand. What is it you want help with?
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed May 18, 2022 8:50 pm
BeingRivy says...

As in I want to read a book but I really want to take notes and ask questions about that book, so that I can understand writing better and do character ideas and understand what average character is doing in the story or whatever book. What questions can I ask about the character while reading a story?
I’m trying to tell you how can I annotate books, meaning how can I read and take notes and understand the book or story completely?
Also how can I be someone who can understand books and stories better? I want to be smart just like you! And I’m not too smart.
Btw @Fishr, I’m sorry. I just want to make you happy and give you proof that I can be a writer! Just write to me an answer and ideas!
Answer these questions immediately because I want to read my books now, and learn how to write stories now!!!

Help me pleeeeeeez!!!
From @BeingRivy.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Thu May 19, 2022 2:11 am
Fishr says...

I will not answer a question immediately because you or anyone else demanded, first and foremost. Second, I’m not sure if I can help because I too have some difficulty deducing the language I’ve read, as in the words and sentences. Since then, I ask someone read out loud the paragraph to me. Then I point out the area where I’m still lost, if I am, and ask if the person could explain it again. Using pictures helps because I’m a visual learner.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places, you’re off and away!
— Dr. Seuss