z

Young Writers Society

Where Should I Post This?

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:12 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

I'll get straight to the point. I've got a short story I'm hoping to put up here, but it's not exactly... short. It's around 18k words, and I plan for it to be in a book of short stories. I need to figure out where to put it, because I'm not looking to get reviews on it, but I don't know where else I'd put it. I also want there to be a way for me to connect all the stories through the site, and I don't know how exactly I would do that if I posted each of them individually instead of something in, say, the Roleplay tab. So does anyone have any ideas? It needs to be easily navigable between stories and again, I'm not looking for reviews. I'd love any help I could get!
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:45 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Oh kudos to you for writing that! That had to be quite a lot of commitment and work!

If you're not interested in posting through the Lit Center - could this type of thing work in the Writers Corner Forum perhaps? I know sometimes people have used Writer Corner threads to explain how their novels are connected together - and then you could potentially link things together that way?

Occasionally when people have really long novels and aren't looking for reviews I've also seen people post through Google Docs if they have an anonymous google account (you can start endless ones for free through Gmail I'm fairly sure).

A Resource Crew person might be able to get you a little bit more guidance as one of their specialties is making sure threads are posting in the best fitting forum location.

I think it's usually rare for people to commit to giving feedback if they can't get a review credit + point from it - so you might find posting sections through the lit center for reviews if there's parts you want feedback on might be a good avenue.

Tagging the resource crew to see if y'all have other ideas ~ @Tuckster @CaptainJack @BluesClues @ShadowVyper
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:00 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Hey @alliyah, a place like Writer Corner would probably be a great idea!

The reason I don't want feedback is that I'm writing them as part of the Young Writers Universe, and the main reason I'm writing the stories is to showcase some of the lore another user and I have helped to add and create.

It's more a way for new people looking into the Universe to get a peek at some of the different things we've got going on and not feel too overwhelmed looking through all the lore at once. (I also know that personally, I would've forgotten lore details if I just tried to make an informational post XD).

So all that being said, it feels like the type of thing that has a more formal vibe to it if that makes sense, and I feel like posting it in Lit would make it seem more like a work in progress instead of a finished piece being added to a book of short stories. Since I don't really plan on revising or editing it once it's up for people to look at, I suppose it just felt a little odd to put it there. (It is also 18k words and I doubt anyone wants to review a piece that long XD) It's also the sort of piece where you have to be semi-involved in the Universe or looking to delve into it if you really want to understand it, which doesn't really appeal to the large majority of users who review on the site.

Thanks for the suggestion of a place like Writers Corner! I'll definitely look into it! : D
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:55 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

@winterwolf0100 @alliyah In the Res forum, the Writers Corner is definitely the best fit! People typically use the WC for project talk, but this often includes snippets or entire chapters of projects. So you could certainly have a project thread with an introductory post explaining the project and then post the actual stories in the threads, or you could have posts in your thread explaining the lore of the interconnected universe, etc.

You can also add tags to your project thread so people have an idea of the genre, the type of literature, and any applicable content ratings. We do ask you limit yourself to three tags to keep the forum looking tidy! A complete list of tags can be found here.

But answer me this: how can a story end happily if there is no love?
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane