Young Writers Society

Ask a College Student

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:43 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I just made Ask a (Studying) Biologist to answer any questions about biology writers here on YWS might have, but I realized minutes after posting that I'm even more qualified to talk about something else: being a college student.

I've been going to college for two years now. My semesters have been impacted by social distancing and covid-19 in general, but I was able to complete one semester before shut-downs started happening around the world. I won't be able to answer every single question about being a college student. I'm a commuter even without the pandemic, which means I don't live on a dorm room on campus. I'm also not in any major organizations; I'm just a member of my school's English club.

But if you have questions about degrees, college social life for the average, somewhat introverted student, and what it's like to be a commuter with friends who live on campus? I'm the person you're looking for! I'm specifically a biology major with a concentration in secondary education.

(Basically, my goal is to teach high school someday.)

I'm also in an honors program in my college, which means my course load is a little different than a regular college student in my state. But I have friends who aren't, so I can do my best to answer any questions about college courses based on what they've told me. <3

Ask away! :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

"He looks like a turtle who's been through the Vietnam war."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi