Young Writers Society

The YWS Pen-fixer

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:38 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

Got writing tools?

Hello there! We all know that part of writing has some handwriting in there. But what do you do when your pen doesn't work? Why, you come to me, of course!!

Why should you come to me for pen repairs?
Ever since I was little, I loved pens, and markers, and gel pens; really anything you can color on the walls with! I took pens apart, put them back together, took them apart, and so on. It got to the point that I learned so much about them that I dubbed myself The Pen-Fixer!

So come on, ask me anything! Is your pen not giving ink, but there's still some left? Are your favorite markers drying up? I can help!
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

Random avatar

Reviews: 112
Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:09 am
View Likes
SpunkyMonkey says...

So I have this one pen that I really, really love, but it stops the ink from coming out sometimes. Randomly. Idk what to do. Please help oh mighty Pen-Fixer @LordMomo!
<3 i lub you wonderful hooman <3

105 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:31 am
View Likes
momonster says...

Great, first question from @spunkyspacekitty!!

Alright, you're going to have to take your pen apart for this one. So somewhere along your pen (if it has a rubber grip, it will be below that) is a spot where you can unscrew the pen. When you do that, 2 things should come out. One is the spring, and the other is what I call an "ink-stick", and that's the most important pat of the pen. BE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT ORDER THEY CAME OUT, SO YOU CAN PUT IT BACK IT TOGETHER RIGHT.

This next part might sound weird, but trust me on this one. On the ink-stick, there's the metal part where you write with, and the other part you are going to put your mouth on, hold tight, and blow, really hard. Take your mouth off it and write a little something on a piece of paper, like a smiley face or a heart. If the ink comes out, put the pen back together. If not, repeat the process.

Another thing you can do is wipe the tip of the pen off with a wet cloth. The ink might be building up and block fresh ink from coming out.

Unfortunately, if you've had this pen for a while and use it a lot, it might just be empty, and there's nothing you can do but get a new pen.

I hope this helped!
Mighty Pen Fixer Momo
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

Random avatar

Reviews: 112
Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:39 am
View Likes
SpunkyMonkey says...

Yay!!! Thanks a bunch.
<3 i lub you wonderful hooman <3

105 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:59 am
View Likes
momonster says...

No problem! Let me know if it works. (:

Random avatar

Reviews: 63
Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:32 pm
View Likes
NastyMajesty says...

HEY ANOTHER PEN LOVER! I thought i was the only weird kid that takes every pen I have in sight apart.
funny story, one time my favorite gel pen (bright porple) stopped working and I took it apart. And instead of blowing into the ink stick...
i sucked in.

PEN INK DOES NOT TASTE GOOD. DO NOT DO THIS.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:52 am
View Likes
pelsteam says...

Oh Mighty Pen-Fixer, do you perchance know anything about fountain pens? Mine won't write even when I've recently filled up the cartridge from the ink bottle.

105 Reviews

Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:30 am
View Likes
momonster says...

Arg, I'm not as familiar with those, but maybe there's a build-up of dried ink somewhere on the inside? You could try rinsing it out. :D

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:22 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Spoiler! :
this is unrelated to fixing pens, but i have a friend who can make a bow and arrow using a pen and a rubber band
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:03 am
View Likes
MapleWay says...

Wow! It's so nice to see so many fellow pen-people. I too thought it was weird that I take any pen I see apart as much as I can without breaking it. Funny enough I do it every day at school with a red pen I use for corrections! :D
"Writing is a place where you can be who you are."

-MapleWay

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:39 pm
View Likes
FireEyes says...

ok so I have a Uniball pen and its the only pen I'll write with....the ink only comes out when i write at and angle, not straight up and down. soooooo I dunno whats happeneing.
I won't go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends
I'm taking back the life you stole
Came a time when every star fall brought you to tears again

-My Chemical Romance

I would be a terrible novel protagonist.
— mellifera