z

Young Writers Society

Journal Style

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:36 am
View Likes
Moneypwnzb says...

Has anyone seen any forms of journal style novel writing? Meaning as in a daily journal, whenever they have the spare chance to write in detailing recent events. For a better explanation, I was thinking doing a zombie apocalypse survival scenario. The book would follow the main character through his explanations and perceptions of events after they unfold. I've never been one for first character novels, but I'm curious what others would think of the journal style idea.

17 Reviews

Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:39 am
Moneypwnzb says...

I would potentially have chapters dedicated to the main character reminiscing about past events, using the "journal" as somewhat of a diary, but being more focused on events that happened.

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:49 am
LittleLee says...

That's a pretty cool idea! Except maybe instead of zombies, you could invent something else.
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

17 Reviews

Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:25 am
View Likes
Moneypwnzb says...

Well if I'm being honest it is more of an airborne pathogen/parasite from an interstellar species, but that's way down the line. I say zombies as it's the easiest term for most to understand, though in my writing I would probably only once if ever use the term. I find it trashy when shows/books/games do that lol

Make your dreams come true. Don't wish for them, work for them.
— Lilly Singh