z

Young Writers Society

Character nams

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:27 pm
Myth says...

O use names that I like. Sometimes they are made up, like Wineberry but it sounds like an ordinary name.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:03 pm
RoxanneR says...

That sounds good; I can never think up character names. I have a load of names, but none of them fit with the character I am writing about.

RR*
Want a faithful critique? PM me!

Luv RR*

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:54 am
Icaruss says...

Popular surnames in [country], in Google.

And Baby Name sites. You just pick one that sounds good.
there are many problems in our times
but none of them are mine

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:20 am
Fantasy of You says...

Baby name books and site are an easy option, but they do work quite well, especially when the name comes with an explanation of what it means - it's a great way to establish the basis of a character.

I think names are quite important, but nothing to get hung up about. As long as the guy isn't called Fug'nag'rag'hi and his brother is called Fred (and the name isn't something stupid and novelty-like), things should be fine.

-Fantasy
'It aint the size, love,' she says. 'It's how you use it. That's the important thing, methinks.'

Of course, she was talking about vocabulary...

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:25 pm
Fireweed says...

Baby name sites are very helpful. ^_^

The story I'm writing now is set in ancient Ireland, so I'm giving all my characters traditional Celtic names. I'm also looking up the meanings of the names and trying to give my character's names that say something about their personalities. My main character is named after an Irish goddess.
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

#longlivebigbrother
— alliyah