z

Young Writers Society

What are some good online writing tools?

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:47 pm
View Likes
starchaser says...

I have a bunch of assignments that are all due really soon, as well as some writing I'd like to work on. Does anyone know any writing tools (Like HemingwayEditor) or any organization or worldbuilding things to help with my writing?

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:44 am
keystrings says...

Hi! I don't know if this answer comes too late, but I wanted to try and respond to this question.

I'm assuming that all of your assignments are writing ones? If so, I do think HemingwayEditor is a good one if you're graded on using passive tense/extended sentences. However, while Grammarly can kind of but into every website, if you let it, I think that's a nice quick way of checking your grammar.

In addition, I think Google/Microsoft applications are actually really good places to be able to organize your thoughts. There are a lot of resources you could potentially take advantage of if you're a student/school lets you connect, and there are even more pay-for websites that look helpful. This also seems to give a place for organizing stuff, as a free download of sorts, but I don't know how well that would work for you.

World-building I've found a few resources, such as this one that gives a lot of things you can ask yourself about creating a place and then taking those details in a notebook/online app. This (http://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/world/) is a place to randomize fantasy worlds if visuals help in making locations/settings.

I hope this helps!
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper.
— T.S. Eliot