Young Writers Society

Secret Santa 2017 Sign-Ups [closed]

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:04 pm
zaminami says...

Username: DemonGoddess
Name/Alias: Kara, Goddess of Demons. Known as Chara/
Interests: Ruling demons, writing, music, art. Math is also a strong suit as well.
Color Preferences: Black and red. :twisted: I especially like the color of food.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Role-play Geeks; Green Room, Stranger Things club, Forums, Publishing Center
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: I like The Flash, Supernatural, Stranger Things, twenty one pilots, My Chemical Romance, Book of Mormon, Doctor Who, Sherlock
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Eddsworld, Undertale, Cuphead, Bendy and the Ink Machine, Game Grumps, Dan and Phil, Goat Simulator (don't ask), TomTord or Destiel would be ideal, the shows and stuff that I mentioned... those are the biggest ones right now. But I'm in 45+ fandoms.
Preferred Type of Gift: Writing or art. A character drawing of any of my charas would be great. Souls donated to all my writings would also be AMAZING. souls = 200 points/one review
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I really dislike pink. No Camp Camp.
Other: Demon stuff would be great as well.
Last edited by zaminami on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:13 am
Aley says...

Username: Aley
Name/Alias: AleyKitty, AleyCat, Kurama, Fox, >3
Interests: Yu Yu Hakusho [this is where Kurama comes from], Poetry, Pokemon, Star Trek, Dr. Who, Fish, Horses, Writing, Sci Fi, Bad Movies, Needle Felting, New Cultures, Pretty Colors, Books, FanFiction, FMA: Brotherhood, Ouran High School Host Club, Rurouni Kenshin, Cowboy BeBop, Trigun, Heather Dale, Folk Music, Folklore, Mythology, Edmund Spencer, Billy Collins, etc.
Color Preferences: YES. I dislike purple and copious amounts of yellow.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Squills
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: >D Oh wait, I covered a lot of these in my interests, so I'll go over some new ones. Songs/Artists: If it gives me a good plot, I enjoy it. I also am part of the Sherlock fandom, and a fan of the Marvel Universe.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: ... Yu Yu Hakusho. Inuyasha is fun for Sesshomaru too, but I'm mostly into YYH. I also am enjoying the Temeraire Series by Naomi Novik.
Preferred Type of Gift: Anything~ If you're stuck on ideas, try to draw a Yu Yu boy and I'll love you forever. You can find out who they are and what they look like by googling Yu Yu Hakusho.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I don't really want to be included personally in a novel or short story. I don't really want to see me as a character in something. I mean, that can be fun, but lately I've not had enough self-confidence to handle someone interpreting my personality ^^;
Other: I really want you to feel free to do whatever you want. I know when I've done this in the past, I've felt really stuck with ideas, so if you want to just do something "simple", I totally approve.

I'm here because I want to meet new people and I want to give new people stuff.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:42 am
LakeOfCancer says...

Username: Lake
Name/Alias: Lakey, Jaid, Rando
Interests: Reading, singing, watching Youtube, specifically Markiplier and Jacksepticeye, water, pictures of certain celebrities, if that’s what you call Youtubers.
Color Preferences: Blue, purple, red, green, black, I love every, single, shade of these colors, doesn't matter if they’re light, neon, or extremely dark, I love them.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Trying to find out how to write a story on here, and also organizing my profile and reading books and poems.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:
Favorite Artists: Post Malone, Lil Uzi Vert, Fetty Wap, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Dua lipa, Rae Sremmurd, Alessia Cara, Lil Yachty, Hailee Steinfeld, some Katy Perry, Clean Bandit, Coldplay, Imagine Dragons, Frank Ocean, Camila Cabello, Niall Horan, Kendrick Lamar, Zedd, Julia Michaels, Future, Quavo, DJ Khaled, The Weeknd, Daft Punk
Favorite songs: XO Tour Llif3, Ready for it?, Look what you made me do, Issues, Thunder, Havana, Paradise, Black Beatles, My Way, Most Girls, New Rules, Congratulations, Rockstar
Favorite Shows: Teen Titans Go, Amazing World of Gumball, We Bare Bears, Polaris Player Select, Polaris Primetime, The Attack
Favorite Books/Fandoms: The Fire Water Saga, The Kanin Chronicles, Mrs Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children Series
Preferred Type of Gift:[/b] Gif set, graphic, writing, etc.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I don’t want to get short stories, I don’t want any half-hearted gifts, because not only do I not like them, I don’t do that to people. I also don’t want terrible gifs if you decide to get me one.
Other: I love music, I love long books, I absolutely love Five Nights at Freddy’s, and yeah, that’s about it.
If I had known I would die, I would've lived my life...

"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."

~Charlie Brown

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:30 am
Mageheart says...

Username: saentiel
Name/Alias: Sae
Interests: I love reading and writing, but I'm guessing you already know that! My favorite thing to read are stories with magic. I also love watching YouTube - my favorites are jessiepaege and Thomas Sanders. I love going on my Tumblr, where I post all sorts of things. Photography and the outdoors are two of my lesser known passions. I'm also a big science nerd, and dinosaurs are wonderful.
Color Preferences: Nothing, really! I don't have a hatred or a love for any color in particular.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: I do a lot of storybooking, though you may also see me on my wall or reviewing novels.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: I don't have a favorite artist, actually! Or a song, for that matter. My tastes change so frequently that it's hard for me to figure out who I like the most. But I do always seem to have a soft spot for Vocaloids. My favorite TV shows are Stargate: Atlantis/Stargate: SG-1 (O'Neill is my favorite character in the latter of the two), Grimm, Voltron: Legendary Defender (Keith, Pidge and Matt are my favs) and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (I love Al).
Favorite Books/Fandoms: My all time favorite book series is the Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathon Stroud. I also love his Lockwood and Co. series. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell is one of my favorite standalone books, and I love the Sword of Shannara chronicles. Any of Rick Riordan's stuff - excluding Kane Chronicles, since I was never really into it when I was younger - are also some of my favorite books. (Leo's my favorite character by far, though Magnus Chase and Alex Fierro are close seconds.)
Preferred Type of Gift: Pretty much anything you think I'd like! I love edits, moodboards, poetry, short stories, art...As long as you think I'll like it, I'm pretty sure I will!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: There's nothing that I don't want.
Other: Please don't get too stressed out about making your gift! If there's anything I learned about gift making over the years, it's that the meaning of the gift is more important than the quality. Don't feel like you have to restart it if it's not going as you originally planned it to.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:46 am
Dracula says...

Username: Dracula
Name/Alias: Jasmine
Interests: Books, history (particularly classical and Mary Stuart), Harry Potter, craft.
Color Preferences: Blue, NOT pink.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: People tab.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Basically all those BBC fandoms, I love old music (doo-wop especially).
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Harry Potter.
Preferred Type of Gift: Something I can print and keep.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Something I can't print (like an audio file).
Other: Thank you, thank you, thank you. :D Oh, and some info people sometimes search for when making gifts: I'm in Ravenclaw, I have a cat and a dog, I spell my name with an E. ;)
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:03 am
Mea says...

Username: Mea
Name/Alias: Mea, Books (*wonders how many people still remember that username*)
Interests: Reading/writing, obviously, piano, viola, composing, space, and coding (very new at it though).
Color Preferences: Purples and blues!
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: People tab, or reading literary works.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: I love most classical piano and orchestral music, as well as New Age/contemporary stuff. I also love dungeon synth. Honestly, I'll listen to almost anything instrumental. (Not jazz or baroque, though.) Favorite artists include the Piano Guys, Lindsey Stirling, Erang, and Izioq, as well as many movie soundtracks.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Harry Potter, LOTR, anything Brandon Sanderson, Narnia, Doctor Who, Star Wars, Star Trek, Les Mis.
Preferred Type of Gift: I'm not very artsy, so I love getting art! But if you're not artsy either, don't worry about it.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Anything even remotely related to politics, even if it's funny. Anything with swearing and/or sex in it.
Other: Thank you! Don't stress too much about my gift - I'd rather you have fun making it more than anything.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:52 pm
sheysse says...

Username: Sheytato
Name/Alias: Shey
Interests: Writing, drawing, music, video games, reading, etc.
Color Preferences: Blues and Purples.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Easily the Storybook forum. :D
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Hamilton! Also Imagine Dragons and Fall Out Boy, but I really like most of any music.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Warriors, Wings of Fire, Welcome to Night Vale, Sherlock Holmes (not the BBC adaption!), Hamilton, a whole heck ton of Anime, Undertale, Overwatch, etc.
Preferred Type of Gift: A drawing would be absolutely fabulous! Any one of my characters from SBs on paper would make me smile. I'm not too great at art, so if you're not either, that's totally fine! I'd probably enjoy just about anything you give me!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I'm not too religious, so I guess nothing of that category? And politics is best to be avoided too. I can't really see anyone gifting this sort of stuff though. XD
Other: Don't stress over me. ;)

Reviews: 2
Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:41 am
DawnLight31 says...

Username:Dawnlight31
Name/Alias:tom/mark/chara/tori/fangirl2057/cheshirecat/sebastian
Interests:yaoi, YWS, webcomics, anime, dear even hanson, be more chill, hamilton, Vocaloid, edds world, welcome to nightvale, fnaf, markiplyer, youtube
Color Preferences:rainbow
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?poetry, art, clubs
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:vocaliod anime PATD! tøp musicals
Favorite Books/Fandoms:refer to intrests
Preferred Type of Gift:all
What Do You NOT Want to Get idk
other . im very gay and like gay stuff

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:55 am
SnowGhost says...

Username: snowmonkey9

Name/Alias: Desiree, Dezzy, Snow.

Interests: Books, music, guitar, Marvel, DC, Legend of Zelda (or just video game stuff in general) Disney, Sherlock, ummm it's kinda hard to think at the top of my head.....I think that's all. I'm not sure.

Color Preferences: Green, blue turquoise, teal, mint blue.

Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:
The People tab I guess. Oh and I also spend my time reading people's works.

Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Twenty One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, Mother Mother, Of Monsters and Men, Gorillaz. The list goes on and on so we'll just stop there.
As for shows I like every Disney movie ever, I like Sherlock, Flash, Arrow, Young Justice,
High School Musical (guilty pleasure movie) umm I like a bunch of other stuff I guess but that's the main stuff.

Favorite Books/Fandoms: Geez that's hard. All the books I've read aren't popular and some of them they don't even have a fandom. I dunno. I've already listed the other fandoms I like above

Preferred Type of Gift: A drawing would be awesome! Like a disney drawing or superhero drawing or Sherlock drawing. But if you not the drawing type then it would be great if you could write me a poem. Or if your not into poetry then write me a short story. Honestly you could give me coal and I'd be happy.

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Umm don't give me anything insulting or inappropriate and I'm good. Honestly I'm not picky.
Last edited by SnowGhost on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just killing time until time kills me.

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:12 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Username: EternalRain
Name/Alias: EternalRain, Eternal, Rain
Interests: writing, reading, baking, polymer clay, watching TV
Color Preferences: purple, gray! I'm a fan of cooler colors, but I really love anything as long as it's not super bright or neon.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: the people tab
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Oh boy. Artists: Dodie Clark (!!!) Lana del Ray, Kodaline, Arctic Monkeys, Lorde, a lot more haha. Songs by any of these people are great. And I love Valerie by Amy Winehouse.
Shows: Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Survivor, Doctor Who
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Disney, Dear Evan Hansen, Percy Jackson, Throne of Glass, A Series of Unfortunate Events. Contemporary and fantasy books are my favorites!
Preferred Type of Gift: I'm okay with anything! A song, drawing, a piece of writing, etc! As long as you have fun when you're making it, I'm fine!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: As long as it's not scary or wildly inappropriate I'm good.
Other: Please don’t stress out over what to do/what to get me. I’ll love it. :)
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:49 pm
neptune says...

Username: neptune
Name/Alias: neptune
Interests: Cats, photography, art (though not good at it), poetry, reading, animals in general, braiding hair, and I want to play the ukulele. Space is cool.
Color Preferences: Blue and yellow are my favorites, and I love pastel colors. But I'm happy with any colors except dull (ish) greens or browns.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: People tab, forums
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Shows/movies - Wonder Woman <3, Spiderman, Captain America, the Flash, Voltron: Legendary Defender (love you Pidge), all Disney but the Lion King + Mulan are favorites, and anything Studio Ghibli (Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl, Ponyo). Songs/Artists - Charlie Puth, Troye Sivan, Imagine Dragons, Coldplay, occasionally Selena Gomez / Taylor Swift
Favorite Books/Fandoms: not many popular books I've read, but I love Doctor Who, and Disney.
Preferred Type of Gift: Honestly, anything, but some form of art or a short story would be cool! As long as you put effort and creativity into it, then I will love it. Please just have fun! <3
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: super inappropriate or gruesome stuff.
Other: I really like hedgehogs. I'm really easy to please and am not picky, so whatever you make me I will enjoy. Do whatever you are comfortable making/doing.
you can request a review here!
Check out Squills!

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:25 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Username: Ventomology
Name/Alias: Buggie/Vent (I used to be Buggiedude2340, and I guess a lot of people still haven't made the connection yet? I should be more active, probably.)
Interests: Writing, reading, cats, drawing, music, cute things, food & baking
Color Preferences: Purple is the Best.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Novels, though I'd probably hang around short stories too if there were more going up.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: I'm so bad at keeping track of artists and song names, but I'll listen to anything that's upbeat. (And if you want to know my Old People music tastes, then the Tom Kubis Big Band is pretty good, and I am not a purist about music genres.) I don't have netflix so I can't watch many shows, though I've been dragged into Voltron marathons and that's pretty cool.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: I love Diana Wynne Jones and all of her books so much (the Ghibli adaptations for some are good too). I have an unfortunate tendency to not be loyal to authors (sorry), but I've always liked Riordan. Sam Keaton is also pretty amazing, though he's non-fiction.

...I admit to still loving Pokemon.

Preferred Type of Gift: I'll love anything really! Writing or drawings are pretty special, but I'd also be really excited to get like a playlist or collection of favorite recipes or fun science facts.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: This is such a hard question. I'd probably have a hard time really loving things that people might consider like, dark, mood-wise. I also try to stay out of the 'ship' game.
Other: I will brag about what I'm given.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:54 pm
dalisay says...

Username:dalisay
Name/Alias:dali
Interests:ANIME, cats, sushi, ART, and das it.
Color Preferences:PURPLE IS MY FAVORITE COLOR.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:people tab, peoples dms, poetry and green room :3 sometimes storybook tab but haven't joined more than one lol
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Fall Out Boy, Imagine Dragons, and Maroon 5. As for shows...I WATCH A LOT OF ANIME. here is a long list of my favs
Spoiler! :

Sword Art Online
Blue Exorcist
Seven Deadly Sins
Ouran Host Club
Kiss Him, Not Me
Tsurezure Children
The Devil Is A Part Timer
Rosario Vampire
Heaven's Lost Property
ETC. JUST. TONS. OF. ANIME.

Favorite Books/Fandoms: As listed, tons of anime. But I'm also in the Aphmau fandom :3. My favorite book series is the Maze Runner Series.
Preferred Type of Gift: Drawings or like a short lil' poem / short. Something simple and easy.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I don't really want GIFs but other than that, just no rando fandoms I don't know. Not really a picky person :p
Other: DAS IT. <3
used to be GalaxyUnicornz

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:02 pm
Que says...

Username: Querencia
Name/Alias: Querencia, Q, Falc, pretty much anything
Interests: Writing, reading, drawing, making the occasional comic, playing piano, Iceland, languages
Color Preferences: I like purple a lot, along with blue, green, and red.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: The people tab probably.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: I like a lot of rock music and some instrumental stuff. Death Cab For Cutie, movie soundtracks, Of Monsters and Men, Lindsey Stirling, Mannheim Steamroller, The Black Keys, Coldplay. Also musical soundtracks like Wicked or Phantom of the Opera.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Six of Crows/The Grisha Trilogy, Lord Of the Rings, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Star Trek (TOS), The Raven Boys, Sherlock
Preferred Type of Gift: Anything that works for you! :)
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Maybe not neon?
Other: Carol of the Bells is my favorite Christmas song of all time. I also adore puffins and cool hats.
Est-ce que vous parlez français?

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:34 am
Featherstone says...

Username: FalconerGal9086
Name/Alias: Feather or Fea
Interests: Falconry, birds, D&D, dragons, fantasy writing, pretty much anything with animals, particularly fantastical or avian/draconic ones. I also really love bones/feathers/etc. even bugs!
Color Preferences: Earth tones
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: The Role-play Realm or the Role-play Geeks club
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: James Horner and soundtracks in general; as for shows, hmmmmmm….Sherlock, Firefly/Serenity, Galavant!
Favorite Books/Fandoms: The Underland Chronicles (by Suzanne Collins), Beka Cooper (by Tamora Pierce), Galavant (the show), Firefly (the show), the Belgariad (David Eddings), the Hobbit, Fablehaven
Preferred Type of Gift: ANYTHING AND I WILL LOVE IT
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: *shrugs* Not really picky, honestly; so long as it’s not a fandom I don’t know I’m totally in, I’ll love whatever you make me.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
— -Apple Inc.