z

Young Writers Society

Figurative Writing

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:11 pm
Willi350 says...

Figurative Writing
1 . On a dark gloomy night I was sitting on the hill looking at the stars in the sky. Suddenly something is falling out the sky. So loud there is no sound. I thought it may be an alien's ship! I see the light from a distance and I fly towards it. It's something I never saw before. Aliens are REAL! I'm out of here.
(Fiction)
2. On October 24th, 1998 James Fowell is finally in custody. He was a serial killer. Over the past decade he has killed as much presidents there had been. He's a very tall man, as tall as a giraffe. He's also very skinny like a toothpick. Justice has been served for those victims family. But nothing will bring the victim's back and the killer deserves the death penalty.
(Non fiction)
3. Before the night is over I want to beat my high running score. I run as fast as a dog but my goal is to run as fast as a cheetah. It's possible. Everything is possible. Me and my sister have daily races. She runs so slow. She's like a snail during a race. There is no challenge. I also race with my older cousin but she's big like an elephant so that's not a challenge either. Maybe my dad, but he's built like a sumo wrestler. Ugh, I'll find the right challenge one day and beat my high score!
(Fiction)
4. Tara McCall, the finder of creme pies. She came to this best creation on July 6th, 2001. She was just thinking of a nice dessert for her family. So she bought a few different ingredients and began mixing her thoughts altogether. She failed a few times and made some gross things. But then her last try she made something amazing. Crime pies. Her children were the judges in her work. Once they tasted the creme pie, their eyes lit up like the sun in the sky! Their mother made the best creation ever!
(non fiction)
5. I visited Africa last summer and it is truly the BEST place to be. Society sums it up to be this poor country. When in reality the poor people are the richest. Africa has natural resources that is very valuable! A poor family living in a little village backyard soil could be filled with gold. Which makes that poor family rich. Society makes you believe what they want you too but if you see for yourself your perspective would be totally different. Africa is beautiful with beautiful land and animals. Africa is paradise.
(non fiction)

We always talk about the "doers" and "dreamers" but I'd like to give a big shoutout to the "tryers".
— Hannah Hart