z

Young Writers Society

Writers Block

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:57 pm
kaz2y5cb says...

So I have been writing a one act play since... well last night. I have a strong idea for my characters and a strong idea for the plot, problem is, I want to keep the audiences attention and with what I'm doing now, I won't. The two leads are childhood friends, and the female leads husband is missing, so the male lead comes by to cheer her up. I need ideas on how to gradually build a romantic tension between them, while keeping in mind it has to be a maximum of 20 pages. I just need some suggestions on how to get the flirting started, which is hard considering HER HUSBAND IS MISSING so, if anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:55 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Why would she even entertain the thought of flirting with somebody else, if she's married and grieving?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:29 am
kaz2y5cb says...

Well she, her husband and the man have been childhood friends and in order to cheer her up, her friend starts to tell stories about her husband. They keep telling stories and eventually they start to realize that maybe she married the wrong man, which I agree, is kind of morbid considering her husband is missing, but it keeps the audience entertained with a hook.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:55 pm
Rosendorn says...

Well, one thing to keep in mind is: in scriptwriting, 20 pages= about 20 minutes, so you have to think of what is believable to build up within that time frame.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

attempting foot extraction
— Mea