20%

Total votes : 15

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:45 am
View Likes
Charm says...

Hey!

I really want to have a pen name for multiple reasons. The main two reasons are that I'm young and I want a name I can go by for my own safety. The other reason is that my real name is really long (36 characters. I know it's really long!)

I want to go by my first name or one of my middle names. Rachel, Katherine, or Anne. I want the last name to be a "word name" like Knight, Heights, Afternoon (that's a name! I know but I kinda like it), Blue, etc. Please reply and tell me some surnames you think would sounds nice with my first name and middle name :D

Also here is a poll with some of the surnames I've picked:
Last edited by Charm on Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:43 pm
View Likes
Sunshine1113 says...

How about Alice Afternoon?
~Sun Goddess~

277 Reviews

Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:46 pm
Charm says...

@Sunshine1113 That sounds awesome!

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:37 pm
View Likes
Persistence says...

Rachel Einstein xD

Rachel McAberdeen

Anne Hathaway-Shakespeare
Deep thoughts remind me of unfinished

277 Reviews

Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:06 pm
Charm says...

god no @CandyWizard xD

Here's my list so far:
I'm trying to narrow it down

Kate Afternoon
Amelia Afternoon
Ella Afternoon
Anne Afternoon
Alice Afternoon

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:43 pm
View Likes
Lightsong says...

Alice Afternoon sounds good. The name Alice has fame in itself, and adding Afternoon makes for a nice alliteration.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

277 Reviews

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:39 am
Werthan says...

If you want people to believe it's your real name, I wouldn't use Alice Afternoon. I can't really believe that's anyone's name. I would go with Alice Knight or something.
Und so lang du das nicht hast
Dieses: Stirb und Werde!
Bist du nur ein trüber Gast
Auf der dunklen Erde

(And as long as you don't have
This: Die and become!
You are only a gloomy guest
On the dark Earth)

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:28 pm
UntamedHeart173 says...

I use a pen name as well. Mainly because I write mostly fantasy and my real name doesn't fit my genre but also because I don't really like my real name all that much. The pen name I use is Ariadne Locke which I chose because Ariadne is my favorite name in the universe and Locke is a cool last name. I'll probably use my real name at some point for poetry or a romance novel...but for now, I love the one I have.

BTW, I think @Wunderbar is right. I'd go with Alice Knight. Sounds realistic but also really cool.
Dean: Of course, the most troubling question is why do these people assume we're gay?

Sam: Well, you are kind of butch. They probably think you're overcompensating.

277 Reviews

Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:09 am
Charm says...

Actually if you read all that I said before, I don't want it to seem like my real name and a famous author already uses Knight as her last name. I'm referring to Angela Knight by the way. Also I just feel like Alice Knight isn't something I want to call myself. Alice Afternoon has meaning to me and relates a lot to my poetry and to my writing. I've been using that pen name for quite some time now. @Wunderbar @UntamedHeart173

I say Wolf, for all wolves are not of the same sort; there is one kind with an amenable disposition – neither noisy, nor hateful, nor angry, but tame, obliging and gentle, following the young maids in the streets, even into their homes. Alas! Who does not know that these gentle wolves are of all such creatures the most dangerous!
— Charles Perrault