z

Young Writers Society

Need Help With Writers' Block?

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:16 pm
View Likes
Vex15 says...

Hi. If you're a writer, and have Writers' Block, then this may be useful to you. I, as a teenage writer, have gotten that many times, but I've found some ways to work past that block. Here are some steps, solutions, and ideas you are free to use.

1.) Read. Reading can spark some creativity, like starting a new sentence which could lead to a tangent, or simply to find a topic to write about. You can read novels that focus on writing, or pick up a book with your favorite genre/author.
2.) Consult with those you know. Make up a list of questions you would want to slip in your writing. Ask as many people as you can, and with the answers, see if that could be a solution to a character's dilemma. They may also provide some opportunity to for writing prompts.
3.) Relax. Leave your writing and do something else. Swimming- to clear your mind. Drawing- to help ideas come through sketches. Having a meal- to re-fill your stomach and mind so you don't get a headache. Talking to others- to see if you're interested in their conversation or topics.
4.) Research. You can always research about story prompts, first line starters, writing generators, tips, etc. It should take your mind off of your work and help you to boost enthusiasm.

Well, I hope this helped someone, if not many writers! I'll be adding more soon, so please don't hesitate to check out what I post with my author name Catlover211.

Thanks for reading this, and this is free for anyone to read and use. :D

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:05 am
Carlito says...

Couldn't agree more! I've always found that when I get writers block, it's best to take a break, not force anything (because it'll only make it worse) and simply live my life. Inspiration finds me in the weirdest places and in the strangest ways, but if you're looking for it, you won't find it. Writers block happens to everyone, but the good news is - it doesn't have to last forever! :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

163 Reviews

Reviews: 163
Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:10 pm
Mysticalxx says...

I like the tips! They're so true.
We all want to be different, which makes us all the same.

"Come quickly, I am drinking the stars!"
— Dom PĂ©rignon