z

Young Writers Society

I created my own analogy. Let me know what you think.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:58 pm
deleted says...

Hey everyone. I am recently divorced. In the final court appearance, I used an analogy that went over well. It takes a bit of back tracking to understand.

Of course, it is a divorce so it was somewhat messy. There were a lot of hurt feelings all round. My ex-wife is a very insecure and timid person. On top of that she is extremely stubborn. Each of these attribute build off each other.

None the less, I knew of her insecurity, and since she was going to be the primary caretaker of my absolutely awesome 5 year old son, I wanted to force as little strain on his mother as possible, but still protect some of my interests.

Now, I am no 'awesome husband' and do accept my share of the blame of our failed marriage. But she accepts NONE. One of my downfalls is that I do not release resentments easily. On a closed fist can I count the amount of friends I have. My theory is if you piss me off, you do not deserve to be my friend.

However, in the best interest of my son, I have worked very hard on correcting this very disturbing human flaw in me. However, my wife has done no such thing to correct her own.

I begged the judge in the case to order my ex into counselling, for her and my sons benefit. The analogy I used to support this was.....

"Your Honour, I have worked very hard to fix what was wrong with me, but she has done no such thing. I mean, if a man learns to fish, then you have something, you have something really REALLY good. However, if you constantly force that man to hand his fish over to his ex-wife, so she can slap him in the face with them, then something is very VERY wrong.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:30 pm
backgroundbob says...

I'm sure that 'I can fish but she keeps hitting me' isn't a recognised legal defense :P

Nah, I'm only joking; if it went over well, good on you for thinking it up.
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:33 pm
deleted says...

Like I said, my attempt was only to open eyes for her need of counselling.

Prometheus, thief of light, giver of light, bound by the gods, must have been a book.
— Mark Z. Danielewski, House of Leaves