z

Young Writers Society

Is this a good title?

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:08 am
LittleFox says...

So the novel I am working on now is called Adonia, Beloved.

I'd like to know your thoughts on it. Does it catch your attention at all? Does it spark any interest? What kind of story does it make you feel like it is going to be?

I haven't decided if I want to try and rename it, so your thoughts will all be taken into consideration and I will be very grateful for them! I would even appreciate a little insight as to how you guys go about naming your stories. :)

Thanks guys!
-LittleFox :pirate3:
"What's 'taters, Precious?"

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:50 am
Mea says...

Well, if the name was anything other than Adonia, I wouldn't be that interested, because it would sound like a cheesy romance novel. But an unusual name like Adonia? It suggests a sci-fi/fantasy world (which I love) or maybe even the name of a country (which would be really interesting) My interest is piqued! I'd probably pull it off the shelf and at least read the blurb.

EDIT: I went and read the first chapter you posted after I replied to this. I liked it!
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:58 am
LittleFox says...

Awesome :D thank you, @Meandbooks!
"What's 'taters, Precious?"

Reviews: 0
Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:26 am
mfoley says...

My instinct would be romance, perhaps historical, or with elements of fantasy. Adonia makes me think of Greek mythology.
-- Michael F.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:35 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

By the way! For anybody looking for feedback on their title, this thread is all about that. Here is the last page!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:02 pm
philip17 says...

To be honest the title doesn't spark any interest for me! Could you maybe show me what you have written so far? (: I think you should have a title, which would really make people go "WOW" hahaha. Something which isn't common you know what I mean? Anyway good luck with your novel! :)

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:52 am
Prokaryote says...

"Beloved" makes me think romance with a touch of literary.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:22 am
horrendous says...

it makes me think the story is going to revolve around a romance, which is a turn-off for me personally.

and the way i come up with title's is pretty basic, i just think "what is the main point of this story?" and go from there. example:

my story Arthur's Showdown is about... a guy named Arthur having a showdown.

Eater of Dimensions is about Cthulhu, who eats dimensions.

The Pact is about a soldier who made a pact with the devil to seek revenge for something that happened to him.

so you can see what i mean by "basic". there's no thinking around corners when i come up with a title, i just name it based off of what happens in the story, although i will say i try to keep them eye-catching.
hor·ren·dous
adjective: shockingly dreadful; horrible
synonyms: appalling, frightful, hideous

--

Life is like a box of chocolates. Too much will make you sick.

We are discreet sheep; we wait to see how the drove is going, and then go with the drove.
— Mark Twain