z

Young Writers Society

Why Swan Shouldn't have Two Loves

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:37 pm
Sherri says...

Hey @Holysocks
You really have some great material here. I agree with Spark in that you should focus on more facts than personal opinion; I've found that by having facts to back up a statement, it gives the reader another real perspective. I agreed with most of what you said--especially the cliche story-line that a lot of YA romances follow, unfortunately--but also know that not all YA romances have love triangles, and not all romances or romances that use love triangles are lazy. It seems that way sometimes, especially after having to read an entire book that seems identical to another in every way except the names.
Anyways! You asked how best to start off the article as you rewrote it, and I thought about that for a bit. I might consider a type of hook that lays the groundwork for what you're writing about.
Possibly a little something about YA romances and/or love triangles (like how long they've been around, how they're still popular, then perhaps end with something like how many of them have begun to follow a pattern that has started to morph into identical clones. In your own words, with your own ideas and findings, and changing anything you see fit. It is your writing after all :D ).
Then I would revise, replace things that seem like head-on ranting with facts, examples, supports, and the like. After that, consider doing a spelling/grammar check. Seriously, though, these are only suggestions. Feel free to do whatever you like.
I'm sure there are also plenty of articles online about ways to start off other articles. :D If you want another way. This is just how I start mine by habit.
Thanks for making an effort to improve! I think it's cool you want to rewrite the article. :D Good luck!
* Hey, just in case this pit isn't actually bottomless, do you think maybe you could unstrap one of those long-fall boots of yours and shove me into it? Just remember to land on one foot... *
I love GLaDOS...

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:48 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Thanks everyone! :-D And thank you @Sherri for the advice!

This probably is going to take me awhile to rewrite, especially since I've decided that I'm going to let it sit for a bit after I write it... Just don't expect it for awhile.

Also, @SparkToFlame, would you do the honours of taking this thread down? I don't think it's much help here, and I don't think the rewrite would fit here either. I'd take it down myself but I'm not sure that's possible... is it?
100% autistic

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:54 am
LadySpark says...

As a general rule, we don't delete topics. So, I'm just gonna leave it here, and you can edit it if and when you rewrite it.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:10 pm
Holysocks says...

Alright then. :-D
100% autistic

The moral of Snow White is never eat apples.
— Lemony Snicket