z

Young Writers Society

fantasy writing blog, v. good, name starts with L - ??

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:56 pm
Esmé says...

Hi,

a few years back there was a terrific blog on - LiveJournal, maybe and probably. It had posts with advice and all sorts of things about writing, and was written in a rather entertaining way. I think the author was an editor somewhere. She closed shop a few years back (the blog writing, I have no idea about the editing). But I think the blog/website, whatever it was, is still somewhere on the internet? Allegedly nothing ever disappears from here! (it was a v. good website, would be a great pity if it did).

Thing is, I cannot for the life of me remember what her name was - and can't find the website. But I recall that when it was active, a few people on it were mentioning it on YWS, so I thought, why not, might ask here.

The author's screenname was something lovely, and started with the letter L. Something along the lines of Lirael but not.

It's a long shot, but - any ideas?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:12 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

Are you thinking of Limyaael's Fantasy Rants? Because those are still archived on her LiveJournal (limyaael.livejournal.com) -- and a complete list with content can be found here on CuriosityQuills.
stay off the faerie paths

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:06 am
Esmé says...

Perfect, thanks a million!

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
— RazorSharpPencil