Home » Forums » Resources » Writing Tips

The Character Clinic

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:44 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Thanks Stella, that's really useful! I should be able to write the scene now :D

Any idea of roughly how much it might take for him to overdose? It's not as important a detail as what you've already given me, and I understand if it's harder to research, so I'll understand if you don't answer this one.

He's a 5'7 man, fit, early thirties, with a history of taking recreational hallucinogenic drugs, but he's quit them before this part of the story begins.

At this point in time, he's been taking laudanum often for about six to ten months, roughly, so he has probably been building up quite the tolerance.

I figured that he probably overdoses by trying to combat his growing tolerance, and overestimating just how much he can take.

(And his psychological dependence at this point is pretty bad, which doesn't help.)

Thanks again!

Random avatar

Reviews: 14
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:37 pm
View Likes
Etteim says...

Thank you, it was immensely helpful! A pickup truck is definitely bigger than the average car, but they're not ginormous or anything.
C-c-c-c'mon, c-c-c-c'mon, go, go!

You're going to go through tough times - that's life. But I say, "Nothing happens to you, it happens for you." See the positive in negative events.
— Joel Osteen