z

Young Writers Society

Red rose

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:43 pm
chiaro0990 says...

Spoiler! :
I made this poetry out of boredom. You might spot some lines that are off, or some stale words. Sorry about that, my mind does not work properly these past few days.

I possess my own hands during the bleak of November
witnessing the horizon when the sunrise draws near
however these fingertips embellish the white orchid
and it becomes an unbearable stain
drench in each petal down to the stem
as my henchmen packs up my stuffs
my lips begin to quiver as if it has a pulse
I want to grip off my pang in my chest to help myself
breath once again, but as soon as I open my mouth
they smile at me in the corner and turn me into a red rose  
Good things happen to certain people.

Need a CONSTRUCTIVE review? don't hesitate to approach me.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:22 pm
ShaunaJAY says...

Hi there :)

Firstly, I just want to say that your poem is very good, perhaps in the weong category though, I would have put this in the descriptive category as I think the use of imagery is better than the story the poem itself tells.

Secondly, I recognise that you haven't used comas or fulls tops throughout, was this intentional? I think the poem would be more affective if the rythm was a bit clearer.. so if I were you, I would edit this and go through the layout again. Add pnctuation where needs be and it will flow much better. Well done on this, keep up the work and feel free to review mine.
It's not how far you fall.. it's the way you land **

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:38 am
chiaro0990 says...

Well, I removed the punctuation at the end of the line because someone had told me that line breaks have the same purpose as the punctuation. And somehow, putting too much punctuation can be daunting while reading the poetry itself.
Good things happen to certain people.

Need a CONSTRUCTIVE review? don't hesitate to approach me.

No, it's not that you didn't succeed. You accomplished a lot, but, if you want to touch people, don't concentrate so much on rhyme and metre. Think more about what you want to say instead of how you're saying it.
— LCDR Geordi La Forge