i was okay
made me want to
live to see another day

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:18 pm
Snoink says...

Ack... I hope isn't a true story! Though if it is I am glad it ends well. :)

So one thing that I noticed is that you told what you did but you didn't actually tell us why you did it. It seems a bit random and strange because we do not actually have the context of what happened. Maybe there is no actual reason?

Another thing that noticed is that when you talked about the suicide attempt, which was fortunately unsuccessful, is that it did not actually seem dramatic. I think that suicide is something that people generally agonize over when they contemplate it so it seems weird that it seemed so... arbitrary. I mean I realize that it might have been done in the heat of the moment but it stills seems rather undramatic. Consider at least talking about what the final straw was so that it becomes more dramatic.

Hope this helps! :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:40 pm
murtuza says...

Hey there, Kira! :D

Like Snoinky above me, I too hope that this isn't a true story. A good and optimistic ending is what I always love reading in poems. Your poem rhymes well. Simple, straight-forward and sure. It's casual enough to be believable and it's serious enough to be taken lightly.

I know that the poem really says it out loud and that it's always subject to the poet's style, but the way you've laid out the poem doesn't look too well. It looks like it's been written off a mobile phone in a hurry or just to get it done with. The 'I's are all in lowercase and there's no sign of punctuation. Seriously, if I had to base the poem on first impressions or appearance, I'd barely scroll through and continue reading. It's a shame because this is a great piece and with better structuring and stanza dissecting, you could make this poem look far more appealing and give it justice to the matter. On the other hand, the tone of the poem is such that it actually does match the way its been written since that actually does feel like the character of the piece. It's your call either way. But just remember, no matter how you wish for your writing to look, make it worth your while in writing it.

she broke my heart
guy
but she made me reliese
i am bi

So 'guy' being plainly said out in plain without use of any punctuation for emphasis seems really awkward in its place. It gives me the impression that the stanza doesn't make any sense and that you only added that in there to rhyme it with 'bi' and nothing else. That's the only nit-pic I have to share.

This poem is nice but is underwhelming because it lacks that 'oomph' in aesthetic appeal. But that's just me. You're a great writer. Keep the ink flowing!

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:46 am
kiraleeann says...

murtuza the part where the line only says "guy" is because when i type i can be sometimes be miles a head within my own head but still three lines back typing so it was ment to say "for a guy"

shady and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws
— Tuckster