z

Young Writers Society

Hell plays with Heaven

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:07 am
ChocoCookie says...

Spoiler! :
Yes. My latest poem! It's been a long time since I wrote. It's one of my talents and I wouldn't spoil it. Would you? xD Here's a poem where I feel that sometimes Hell plays with life when Heaven tries to take that part smoother. :) I don't mind how many ever mistakes I make, but, I do mind when people review with harsh words. :S Please, I do not expect that from this website. You can tell me the mistakes however you want BUT without the harsh words.

Hell plays with Heaven

A cloud so superior,
And thunder strong as ever.
A dashing hurricane strikes,
Wanting to kill the light.
This is when Hell plays with Heaven.

People write and make things with sand,
Keeping good memories behind.
But the waves ruin those memories,
Just to make it shoddier for them.

Tribes of those who do not furnish mercy,
And are born to kill the Earth beauties,
They run for their life,
But are soon shot with a spear.

A child that fights with glow on the outside,
But inside, she’s lonely and only a shimmer remains.
She is ready to fear anything that comes by,
But is terribly troubled at heart.

So, let the gates open with birds chirping,
And with God’s grace, the angels shine.
Hating the hell, I enter the place,
Where peace is found and I do not have to
Face the game,where Hell plays with Heaven.

---
Cookie :D
Last edited by ChocoCookie on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:30 am
Angelreader77 says...

Hi Cookie!
Review~~ I love the concept behind this poem and your choice of words It is in_ter_res_ting.
Some nitpicks...
ChocoCookie wrote:People write and make things with sand,
With good memories behind it.

I don't know about the flow... how about:
Keeping good memories behind.

ChocoCookie wrote:They run for their life,
But is soon shot with a spear.

I think it should be are.
ChocoCookie wrote:A child that fights with glow in the outside,

I think it is suppose to be on.
ChocoCookie wrote:But is terribly troubled in heart.

Troubled at heart.
ChocoCookie wrote:Where peace is found and I do not have to,
Face the game,Where, Hell plays with Heaven.

Remove the first and third comma.
I LIKE ZIS POEM <3
Constant repetition of This is when hell plays with heaven was nice.
I hope I wasn't too nitpicky :3 Apart from these tiny mistakes it was awesome. Oh and I love the title.
Keep writing. :D
<3 Aku
"The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears or the sea." --Isaac Dinesen

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:54 am
Lornydoo says...

That Was Brilliant!

In my opinion ... it was very detailes and moving.
But there is always room to improve!!

Lorna
XX
p.s this is my 3rd review!!
I Believe That A Writers Life Is Much More Exciting Then Anyone Else's! xx

94 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 94
Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:20 am
TheEstimableEelz says...

Well, that was nice.

I must admit, the title is misleading. It led me very much to believe that some literal game would be occurring. Not that what you actually wrote is less entertaining - props for the interest-creating title and the topic-unexpected cool poem that followed.

The repetition of your eponymous phrase was good, with its clarity and simplicity. Like a refrain from an intelligent, wise song.

Flow... this is the kind of poem with an anti-flow: the rhythm is there in the lack of one. It isn't musical, but it does sound natural, like a friend talking or an older acquaintance reminiscing.

The tone troubles me a tiny bit, a tad. Throughout, it stays bitter, but in a sort of dejected, resigned way. That's perfectly fine - it suits the subject matter. But the bit near the end, "Hating the hell" - that really struck me as out of place. I suppose it makes sense as subconscious hatred that floats up in a random, bubble-bursting spot, but it struck me as too intense and blunt for the moment.

Where peace is found and I do not have to
Face the game,where Hell plays with Heaven.

I think this would work better if you changed the line breaks like so:
"Where peace is found and I do not
have to face the game, where Hell plays with Heaven."
In general, try to avoid ending lines in prepositions!

Nothing to say, really... nice poem, keep writing! =]
Formerly 'ilyaeelz.' Others experiment with drugs. I experiment with punctuation and grammar.

"Research your own experiences for the truth, absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is specifically your own." - Bruce Lee

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:12 am
murtuza says...

Hey, Coco! ^.^

This is a brilliant concept and definitely so very poetic. It speaks clearly and doesn't ask for too much to be understood. You've done well to add the imagery of Hell's negative effect over each situation that you've portrayed. You've actually given so much life to the role of Hell and reminded the reader of its existence at the end of every stanza, that I actually feel that it could have been a real entity or person in the poem.

I like how you've imagined the scenes. Very artistic and dramatic.
A few nit-picks here and there though. But still, a very nice poem to read ^_^

The start of the second stanza doesn't quite live up to the hype of the first. You've very beautifully worded the first stanza and made the description sound sublime. But over here, it's like you're not trying as hard. Using the word 'things' doesn't do anything to appeal to the mind. It's like you wanted to say something, but didn't know how, so you just said 'things'. The use here is fine, really. But in a poetic form, 'things' sounds a bit underwhelming.

Just to make it shoddier for them.

Again, here the word 'shoddier' doesn't fit right. It sounds far too casual and I begin asking myself, 'Where's that flow from the first stanza?'

And are born to kill the Earth beauties,

This line has to be rephrased a bit.

And are born to kill earthly beauties,

OR

And are born to kill the beauties of Earth,

A child that fights with glow on the outside,
But inside, she’s lonely and only a shimmer remains.
She is ready to fear anything that comes by,
But is terribly troubled at heart.

I'm a bit confused by this stanza. In the beginning, you say that this 'child' is courageous and strong and bright on the outside but is lonely within. <-- I can understand all that clearly. But then the next line is, 'She is ready to fear anything that comes by,'? Why would she be ready to fear anything that comes by if she's so strong? Or maybe you wanted to write, 'face' instead of 'fear' but I doubt that. Nevertheless, maybe it's just me, but I think a little more clarification would be nice.

Also, I find that just the first stanza of your poem has crisp and short lines whereas the rest of the lines are far too long and have too many words than needed for description. I'm sure this would work great in rhyme since there's always a balance of syllables and stress in the words. But that's just me :)

This poem has a lot of potential for being better than it already is. The language doesn't do it so much justice but does the job of conveying the atmosphere of the poem, even if misinterpreted by the reader. xD

I agree Coco, you've got talent. I'm looking forward to reading more. Keep the ink flowing!

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

Some twenty years from now, users will ask a similar question about world famous Chicken poetry and Google will tell them about alliyah.
— Hkumar