z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [3]

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:39 pm
View Likes
mryankee20 says...

Hello everyone! I am really happy to join YWS! I've been writing letters, you know. The most wonderful thing about them is that there is always a certain kind of spirit that helps you write, and you almost always know that someone will read them. I used to think that Microsoft Word thing would get me stuck all the time. But now with a community like this one, I think I can give it a try. I am ready to rip apart hundreds of pages and get criticized and rejected and all. I am sort of an advanced English speaker, still not a native. I mean, I do feel myself comfortable, and words, they flow out of me way easier when I express my heart in English rather than in Russian, which is my native language. So, I can use a lot of help. :)

I love coffee, chocolate, and dreaming. Still a student. Not that I rely on college too much, though. All the true learning I do myself, in my own way, as it's supposed to be.

Thank you!

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:49 pm
View Likes
LittleLee says...

Hey, @mryankee20 , welcome to YWS! I hope you stick around!
If you ever need anything, feel free to ask me!
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

465 Reviews

Reviews: 465
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:51 pm
View Likes
starlitmind says...

Welcome to YWS! I hope you enjoy your time here :)
.--. --- - .- - ---

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:54 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

Welcome to YWS @mryankee20! I hope you enjoy your time here!
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

Reviews: 3
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:50 am
View Likes
GBKiller says...

Hiya! Short stuff about me.

Harry Potter, love. Few musicals, love. Drawing, love. Learning about controversial topics, love. Now not so short when controversial. Specifically, companies doing shady things and trying to sweep it under the rug, and MLMs by extension. And, just like everybody, puppies and kitties are my life. However, not like everybody, I like ASMR.

Whether it be whispers, crunches, moist foods like ice cream, even gulping drinks, it is my jam. And even less common, the sound of certain words like 'chocolate', 'chanel' (like the company), 'cocoa', etc. If I could have a favorite letter without sounding weird, it would be c.

Anyway, I hope I have fun here!
"I think there should be a rule that everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their lives." - Wonder, R.J. Palacio

465 Reviews

Reviews: 465
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:42 am
View Likes
starlitmind says...

Welcome to YWS, @GBKiller! I hope you enjoy it here :) If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
.--. --- - .- - ---

41 Reviews

Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:56 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

I hope you have a great time at YWS, @GBKiller!
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:04 am
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

Welcome to YWS, @GBKiller! We're happy to have you! :)
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

Reviews: 4
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:21 pm
View Likes
jackwyndeonline says...

Hello!
I am new to this site and excited to see how it all works. I've written an adventure novel, and self-published a historical fiction novel. Working on a thriller at the moment. I'm almost always writing, and I'm very intrigued at the possibilities of being involved in a writing community with other teens!
C.

41 Reviews

Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:17 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

Hi @jackwyndeonline! I hope you enjoy your time here at YWS! If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask me. I just joined myself a few months ago, so I can remember what it's like to be new.

Reviews: 1
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:55 pm
View Likes
STRvArmory says...

Greetings.

I'll try to keep this concise.

Call me Mory. Or Strength, since that's what STR stands for. I'll be going with Mory most of the time. Didn't have enough space for Armory STR♠428. No worries though.

I'm interested in developing my writing through the various assets I can find everywhere, such as this site. So, I'm here. I'll be trying to focus on a specific project. Smaller ones, too, so that little by little, I can reach the skillset I'm looking for to complete the main one. I also saw and read about the review system, so, I'll be sure to get familiar with other people's writing by leaving some of those.

I don't have any questions and am planning to figure things out as I go. I'm grateful for the rules, they seem easy to understand so far.

Also. I'm not a community person. But I can talk so long as I'm asked questions, or if I initiate dialogue. I'm just focused on training, for now, so, I'll be distracted by that. I hope you won't take it personally.

I'll be going, now. Have yourselves a good time.

♠Mory
Last edited by STRvArmory on Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings.

Call me Mory.

I'm working on a worldbuilding project called The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago. You can find it here: The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:47 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Welcome to YWS STR♠428! If you have any questions, feel free to @ me or another one of the moderators in green!
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:17 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

@STR♠428
I know I'm the second one here, but I'd like to add another warm welcome to YWS, Mory! It's always a pleasure to see new faces around, and I'm optimistic that you can get the training you're looking for here. I know that I found it extremely helpful in growing as a writer and, although I didn't come looking for it, as a reviewer and in offering critiques to other people and helping them grow. It's my hope it'll do the same for you.

I don't know if you saw it already or not, or how familiar with critiquing you are, but seeing as you're looking to start with figuring out some reviews, you might find it helpful to check out the YWS Critique Sandwich! I found it super helpful in the beginning of my journey, and maybe you'll glean some new tidbits from it, too.

Good luck in building your skills, and, for a final time--welcome to the site!

- Fea
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

Reviews: 1
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:11 am
View Likes
STRvArmory says...

@EditorAndPerks Thank you. As stated, I'll be figuring things out on my own for the most part. Still, have yourself a fun time.

@Featherstone Thank you. It's nice to know you've had a helpful experience with the place. I'll have to shoot for something like that.
I'm moderately familiar with critiques, but not YWS' critiques, specifically. I'm reading up on that. The link should be useful eventually, so, I'll bookmark it.

I'll repeat this often, but have yourself a fun time. Just my way of thanking people for welcomes and such.
Greetings.

Call me Mory.

I'm working on a worldbuilding project called The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago. You can find it here: The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:37 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

@STRvArmory, @jackwyndeonline and @GBKiller - Welcome to the site! Hope you enjoy it here~ :)
*insert quirky signature here*

The heavens laugh with you in your jubilee; my heart is at your festival.
— William Shakespeare