View Likes
Casanova says...

Welcome to YWS, @sromani7 !
Chat's bangin' yo

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:03 am
Apricity says...

Hey @sromani7! Welcome to YWS, you'll feel right at home here then if you think this is an awesome place. ;) If you've got any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM. I hope you enjoy your stay here!
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:27 am
PrincessInk says...

Hello, this is Princess Ink :) . I became a member of YWS because I'm looking forward to join a writing community! I hope I can improve my writing and poetry here. I'm currently working on a science fiction novel and some smaller projects here and there.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:26 am
Featherstone says...

Welcome, @PrincessInk! I hope you enjoy your time here! If you need help, feel free to ask me, or find a mentor here: clubs/1127

It's called the Buddy System- essentially a new YWSer finds a mentor to guide them through the first month or more of YWS. Also, all the mods (green) are really nice, so you an ask them, too, if your mentor or I aren't around.

Once more, welcome to YWS!

-Feather
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

624 Reviews

Reviews: 624
Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:18 am
Casanova says...

Welcome to YWS, @PrincessInk! If you have any questions, feel free to message me, or any user with a red or green username. I hope you enjoy the site!
Chat's bangin' yo

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:07 pm
voiceofdragons says...

Hello all! I've been looking around for an active writer's community to (hopefully) motivate myself to write again. I wrote a lot back in 2012 but since then had stopped because of some hard times. I've recently gotten back a sense of creative passion and have been cranking out some ideas and drawing inspiration from things but (embarrassingly enough) I haven't finished a story. Yet. (Unless you count a 500 word drabble or what not). I keep starting on ideas and having vague outlines... Fleshing things out and having a clear end game are not strengths of mine. I do think I'm alright at dialogue.

So here I am trying (see: procrastinating) to get back into the swing of things!

I hope to make some friends to bounce ideas off of and help in return. Fingers crossed! :D

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:12 am
PrincessInk says...

Hello,

Welcome to YWS, fellow new member!

I'm glad you're back to writing! The more you write, the more gems you'll uncover. If you keep writing, soon enough you'll produce some really good stories or poems.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

Reviews: 4
Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:29 am
atr99 says...

Hello YWS :) this is my second account here; my first, started alllll the way back in 2014 is under theironnovelist. I've grown a lot personally and in my writing over the past three years, so I decided to get back at it. I've neglected to write religiously and I've really been missing it. So I decided to come back and give it another shot, this time, as a new me. If you were an old friend/follower of theironnovelist, hmu!!
~abigail

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:53 pm
zaminami says...

Um...

When I posted my story (which has the f-word), it said that if there's language you should put it as 16 and up, not 18 and up...

--

Kara
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:10 am
View Likes
Mea says...

@KaraStevens - It depends on the severity of the language. Usually 16+ is okay, but if there's lot of swearing, or if there's the f-word or other really strong language, then we ask for 18+.

Hope that makes sense, and welcome to the site!
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

364 Reviews

Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:07 am
zaminami says...

@Mea -

Oh okay. It has only a little swearing, with two words so far (the f-word and s- word) and will only have a little in the future. Should it be 16+ or 18+?

--

Kara

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:21 am
Mea says...

@KaraStevens - If it has the f-word in it, even just once, we ask it to be rated 18+. Just so people know for sure where the line is drawn.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

364 Reviews

Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:56 am
zaminami says...

@Mea --

Okay thanks!

Thanks--

Kara

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:44 pm
Saruka says...

Hey guys! I'm Saruka, and I'm not a new writer, although extremely new to YWS. If you could check out some of my stories and give me feedback, I'd love to use them to grow as a writer.
Thank you guys!

~
Saruka
a lesbian disaster

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:08 pm
NathanSmith says...

Hey All,

So, this is the first time I have actually used an open forum to try an develop my character, since Nathan is my first original character for an entirely original story I thought I would give this a shot.

I am not a newcomer to writing by any means, though with the way that collage is going right now I do not get that much time to write (for pleasure that is :D :D ) but I am determined to actually do this.

so.... Feel free to PM me and thank you for reading this :)

Peace.

Just because you don't feel like a hero in your own story, doesn't mean you're not a hero in someone else's.
— Tenyo