z

Young Writers Society

*Attractive headline*

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:09 am
bluera says...

Hi! Im new here!
My "name" is Bluera and I'm a girl. Im not from England,actually i come from Denmark! Am i the only one who come from another country?
I think that i am good at english but i can become better, so i see this as a challenge for me, because i really like english, i think it is a beautiful language and i want to write and speak it fluent! I usually wright suspense, poetry, novels or stories where you follow people by their diary.. Sadly I tenders to introduce a lot of people in my stories that really plays no role in the story. Need to work on that.
What about you guys? What are you good at?

XOXO

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:34 am
Blues says...

Hi, Bluera!

Welcome to YWS! :) I'm ... well, AhmadBlues. You can call me whatever you want though - people tend to make nicknames for each other. I have so many that I don't think I can list them xD

Denmark? Nice! :) I've not been to Denmark, but I've seen some very nice photos of it.

Nope, you're not! There are people from all over the English-speaking world and beyond. People on YWS can come from America, Canada, the UK, India, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Other Nordic countries... :)

There are loads of people whose first language isn't English (Mine very nearly wasn't!) so I'm sure they'll understand. YWS is a great place to improve your language and writing. I can only wish that there was an Arabic version of YWS.

Personally, I write Novels, although I've tried to write some short stories too. I love suspense actually! ^_^ Are you currently writing a novel?

What I'm good at... well. I don't know xD Some chapters I write can have excellent dialogue and terrible pacing and the other way round. It really depends! :)

So, I hope you enjoy it here in the Young Writers Society! Feel free to send me a message if you've got any questions about the site, or if you'd like your first review :) You can also send anyone in green a message if you've got questions too. They're the mods and they pretty much look after the site. They'll be glad to help!

-AB

25 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 25
Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:48 am
Gringoamericano says...

Hello, and welcome to the Young Writers Society! I enjoy (being good at something is subjective) writing dialogue-heavy comedies that satirizes (that means make fun of) many subjects such as social awkwardness, robbery, divorce, suicide, and Harry Potter.
Why? There is no better way to get past the weird/depressing things about the world than to laugh at them.
"Can't break an omelette without making a few eggs"

From the ashes of the old YWS Chat; it's the Unofficial YWS Discord server. Come join us!: https://discordapp.com/invite/UhSr7uW

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:17 am
AlfredSymon says...

Hiya, Ms. Bluera! Welcome to YWS! In here, we ALL love English! Welcome to the club! ;)

I assure you, developing your grammar and literacy here is a very great idea! Not only are you to meet new friends, but also co-writers that'll help you develop you skills as a writer, critic, artist, linguist and word enthusiast!

Oh yeah, and be sure to read my Greeter message on your dashboard! It's my little intro! ;)

Your new pal,
Al :D
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:02 pm
Paracosm says...

Nice to meet you Blue! If English is your second language, you are really good at it! I hope you like YWS. You'll find everyone here is friendly and helpful. If you need a review of your work, just send me a message.

I write... all kinds of stuff. I avoid writing poetry though, it takes too much talent for me to even attempt. I guess my expertise is mystery and drama. Anyway, nice to meet you, and welcome to YWS! Have fun!
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

We wandered the halls of an infinite magic nursing home, led by a hippo nurse with a torch. Really, just an ordinary night for the Kanes.
— Rick Riordan, The Throne of Fire