z

Young Writers Society

Newbie!

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:29 am
Stellabeam says...

Hi I'm Stella! I've been reading as long as I can remember and when I was young I would make up stories that would go along with them. Once I got more confident in my own abilities I would make my own stories. My mother was the first person to notice this passion of mine and told me that I was destined to be a writer. So ever since then that has been one of my main ambition's in life. One of my problems though I never have met someone with the same passion of mine so I've been rather lonely with people calling me a" stalker" for my keen observation skills and "crazy" because my imagination runs away with me sometimes. I'm glad I found this site so I can meet people like me with the same craziness :D Hope to meet yall soon!
Last edited by Stellabeam on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
“A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.”- Groucho Marx

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."-J. Danforth Quayle

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it- M. Twain

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:13 am
lilymoore says...

Hi there Stella! Have you met the other Stella on YWS, Stella Thomas? She's a really wonderful member and if that says anything about every other Stella out there, you're probably equally as wonderful of a member as she is. :D

I’m lilymoore, one of the Junior Moderators of the poetry forums and I just wanted to say welcome to YWS, the happiest place on Earth. Well, second only to Disney World….but it’s a close second.

But anyways, less about myself and more about you?:

What do you like to write? Romance, Horror, Historical fiction maybe?
Do you have a favorite book?
Favorite author?
What kind of music do you like to listen to?
If you could describe yourself in a tweet, what would you say about yourself?
Oranges with footwear or bananas in sweater?
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

24 Reviews

Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:11 am
View Likes
Stellabeam says...

Hey lilymoore! No, I haven't met the other Stella but I would love to! Maybe I should be known as Stella Beam as to avoid confusion :) I forgot to include all that info didn't I? I guess I was too exited to think straight. :D I don't have a specific genre that I consistently write in right now but I do like adventure,historical fiction, some romance and I'm starting to dabble in suspense. My favorite book is Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell and my favorite author is J.K Rowling or C.S. Lewis depending on my mood. I listen mainly to alternative rock (White Stripes anyone?) and I sing in my schools choir. Oranges with footwear definitively(hehe)
If I had to descirbe myself in a tweet I would say: I'm a short, brunette teenager with a mouth that sometimes can get me in trouble with my parents and I get carried away by my imagination all the time. I can be funny and loud when I'm with people I like but very shy and quiet around people I don't know or like. Crazy?? Definitely
“A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.”- Groucho Marx

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it- M. Twain

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:55 am
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

I saw your name and thought I had to respond, but apparently Lily has already beat me to my own introduction. Hi, Stella! I'm StellanospaceThomas! My space got eaten a while back when we thought it would be a funny prank to change my username to renesmee365, unaware that spaces were no longer allowed in usernames. So. Welcome to YWS :)

What country are you from anywho? I'm from Ireland, and the majority of people are from the States, but there are people from all over the world here. Part of why YWS is so cool!

Brunettes for the win.

Anyway, I hope to see you a lot around the site, almost just for the sheer pleasure of shouting, "Hi Stella! Stella here!" If you need anything feel free to ask. Like Lily, I'm a Junior Moderator, but my powers lie in the fiction section, so if you accidentally double-post or whatever ask me or one of the other fictionettes.

So. Welcome :)

-Stella x
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

24 Reviews

Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:25 pm
View Likes
Stellabeam says...

Hi Stella! I'm from the U.S.A but believe it or not I've been to Ireland. I went to Dublin, Ireland for a one week MUN convention while I was living overseas in Turkey and I loved it!! It is my other life ambition (other than becoming a writer) to move to Ireland!! :D Weird huh? First we share the same user name and I have a passion for Ireland (where you live). I know another Stella at my school and she's an exchange student from Korea so I guess us Stellas are quite international no? :smt002 I like writing fiction so expect to see me over there soon and quite often. I also have some poems to publish so I might be seeing Lilymoore in her section too. Thank you both for the warm welcome!

Reviews: 3
Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:32 pm
View Likes
NicholasStone says...

Welcome to YWS Stella! If you have any questions to ask, ask them! Everybody here is happy to help. If you like interactive writing, try the StoryBooks. It's a button near the top of the page. To publish your work, there is a button at the very top of the page for that. Anything else, just ask!
He stumbled slightly, the limp in his leg still there. He dared not to look at the place he used to call home. He could feel the heat from the fire, the fire that he himself had ignited. He blinked back tears, as he limped away.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:36 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

Hey Stella!
I was totally coming here to tell that you should meet our doctor Stella, but I see you'vd already met!

Anyway, hi, I'm Lava/Lexis. And I'd loove to visit Ireland and the US someday. *nods* I'm from India actually.

Also! Go crazy, right?!

See y'around! Haffun!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:30 pm
View Likes
Pilot says...

Hey Stella! Welcome to YWS!

If you ever need help or have a question, feel free to ask me or another YWSer, we're all happy to help!

By the way, you can call me Ninja or something, that's what the few people I know call me... I joined yesterday :D

Have fun!
I don't always write on forums, but when I do, I prefer YWS.

Sharpen your pencil, my friends.

24 Reviews

Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:39 pm
View Likes
Stellabeam says...

Ooooh what's interactive writing? That sounds like fun!! I'm so glad to be here with all its sounds like yall are a international and diverse group.Hey ninja I guess we can learn the ropes together. nickolasstone and azalea thanks for the info and hope to see all of you around!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:46 pm
View Likes
Pilot says...

Yeah, I'm fine with that. Give me a holler if you still wanna.
I don't always write on forums, but when I do, I prefer YWS.

Sharpen your pencil, my friends.

I do all of the training for Walgreen’s cashiers.
— The Devil