z

Young Writers Society

Bonjour, Hola, Aloha

Reviews: 1
Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:42 pm
Cumulus says...

Hello Image

The name's Cumulus, well at least on here it is. I'm fifteen, and I've been a writer since I was six. I would make up stories whenever possible and write them down. However, most of the stuff I wrote back then I can't even read now since I couldn't really spell.

I'm the same nowadays, writing whenever I get even a tiny idea. I'm also an avid daydreamer. My friends say that I am always on Cloud 9, but this is because I have huge dreams for the future.

I'm a fantasy writer. I can't really write anything else, because this is the only kind of writing I'm really interested in. This also applies to books to, since my favourite book series is Harry Potter.

Anyway, that's a bit of me for you! I'm looking forward to knowing you all (although, I'm a bit shy. Even on the computer, which is weird).

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:25 am
Lavvie says...

Hi Cumulus!

You sound like my twin or something xD I've written (loose terms) since I was six or something and I do love daydreaming. I /used/ to be a fantasy writer - and maybe I'll always will be deep down - but I've gravitated more towards poetry nowadays, which is kind of ironic considering I didn't know a thing about poetry until I acquired some poet-friends. But enough about me:

Fantasy only? I'm sure anyone can write anything as long as they put their soul into it. For now, though, what kind of fantasy? All magic and sorcerers? Or maybe parallel worlds? And besides Rowling, do you have any other favourite authors? If you like high fantasy, I might suggest Alison Croggon as an author :D

Ah, and I'm sure you'll fit in fine here. Everyone is very welcoming and kind.

Yours,
Lavvie

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:35 pm
murtuza says...

Hey Cumulus!

Welcome to The Young Writers Society! It's great to have you here with us! :D

Do post those wonderful fantasy stories on here. I'm sure you'll garner much praise. We've got a lot of fantasy writers here who love to experiment and conjure up new worlds and fantastical characters. I don't think you need to worry about those old stories though. Writing is something that when done from one's heart, emits a special kind of novelty that appeals to every reader. I'm pretty sure you've only gotten better since then ;)

I'm not much of a story-writer, though of recent, I've been trying my hand at it and I hope to become better! I write more of poems. But apart from story and novel-writing, YWS hosts other genres of creative expressions too. Art, Photography, Lyrics and also plenty of resources to harness that creative mind.

If you're looking to break away from your shyness (and I hope you do), please do visit chat. It can be found on the homepage. You can introduce yourself and make lots of friends too. So drop in any time. :D

And feel free to ask me for any help needed. I hope to see you around! Take care and enjoy YWS.

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:13 am
AlfredSymon says...

Hi Cumulus! I love cumulus clouds! And also new members of YWS!

Welcome at the YWS community! It seems that you're a writer since childhood. A fantasy one. This gives me a rush of reviewing your work! Let me if you have posted them!

I'll send you a Greeter Message for an intro; be sure to read it!

Your new pal,
Al
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:24 am
Cumulus says...

@Lavvie,

Hello twin! Poetry...I've tried that before, didn't really work out for me very well. Bet you're really good though! Yeah, fantasy only. I could probably be able to write Sci-Fi if I tried, but it doesn't really interest me as much. For me, I like all kinds of Fantasy. I'm not really too picky about which (plus I don't really know the difference between them), although I'm quite sick of vampires. My other favourite authors include Rick Riordan (author of the Percy Jackson series), Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games), Veronica Roth (Divergent), and also Dan Brown. So I guess you could say that don't just read fantasy. I didn't realise that until now, haha. I'll have to check out the author you mentioned, I've never heard of her!Thank you for welcoming me.

@murtuza,

Thank you! And yes, I sure hope I've gotten better, haha. Another poet? It seems like such a hard thing to write, I don't know how you two do it. Anyway, thank you for welcoming me :)

@Al,

I love clouds too! Thank you for welcoming me.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:04 pm
Dragongirl says...

Hey Cumulus,

You can't be Lavvie's twin, you're my twin.

I love the HGs, Rick Riordan, and I read Divergent just the other day.(I can't wait for the second one to come out!) But I would say that the Hunger Games are closer to Sci Fic than fantasy

So welcome to YWS! I know you are going to love it here. Everyone is pretty nice here, though we have our grumpy members. ;)

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. :D

Happy to have you as a new member.

Dragongirl.
"Every writer I know has trouble writing." - Joseph Heller

~ A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones who need advice.~
- Bill Cosby

Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:52 pm
Cumulus says...

Haha, we can be triplets then! I can't wait for the second book to come out as well, and I agree that Hunger Games is more Sci-Fi. I suppose that I like both of those genres then.
Thanks for welcoming me! :)

146 Reviews

Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:29 pm
Dragongirl says...

Alright, triplets it is then.

Happy to welcome you. PM me when you posted something and I'll review it for you. :)

Tootles.

~DG

- Bill Cosby

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:04 am
Lavvie says...

Divergent's awesome, yo.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

146 Reviews

Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:01 pm
Dragongirl says...

This is truth.

If you liked divergent and the Hunger Games, you might want to check out 'Matched'by Ally Condie. I didn't think it was quite as good, but still enjoyed it.

- Bill Cosby

Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:50 pm
Cumulus says...

Oh, thanks! I may have to check that book out since I'm nearly done the one I'm reading now.

Reviews: 3
Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:14 am
WritingLUV says...

Hi Cumulus I'm new to the site too, but I like to welcome people. I haven't been writing since age six. Only third grade. I'm shy too but only in real life. Can't help it really. Well, I'm not shy around my friends just strangers and sometimes family. Well I'm over explaining myself so anyway. Hi, and welcome. :)
Writer Forever

Meet me in Montauk.
— Charlie Kaufman