z

Young Writers Society

Salutations and Greetings

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:06 pm
View Likes
Amaranth says...

Hello, hello! I'm Amaranth Ebony. (But, you guys can call me Amaranth...)

I'm a Midwestern teenager who had ambitions to become a successful novelist. Some topics I like to write about are pride in one's heritage (I'm a Korean-American and proud to be!), the ongoing struggles endured in the LGBT movement (Proud bisexual in a lesbian relationship... sort of), and whatever historic event captures my imagination. (And that's just to name a few...) I also write fan-fiction for anime from time to time.

When I'm not writing, I'm watching anime, reading novels or manga, designing another costume for any upcoming conventions, or sketching to draft characters for my stories. I dislike syringes, homophobes, and when people scratch their nails along holographic surfaces...

At the moment, I'm working on a number of novels and hope to get them posted up here. I also love to hear from readers, no matter what they have to say, so don't be afraid to drop me a line sometime. :wink:

I hope I can get along with everybody here.

Until next time,

Amaranth Ebony
"I'm working on it, dammit!"

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:52 pm
murtuza says...

Hey Amaranth!

Welcome to The Young Writers Society! You'll find yourself very comfortable here for sure. So don't worry about not being able to blend in. In YWS, everyone's close-knit. :D

So what costumes do you like designing? Any ones you're particularly proud of? I can sew stuff... I think, but not without having poked myself a few times though. :P
What anime and manga do you like? I'm an avid anime and manga fan too and so are plenty of others on here as well. :)
I dislike when people scratch their nails against surfaces too. It makes me all jittery and stuff. Quite unpleasant. But glad to know that there's someone like me who also has the same mundane irritations to deal with! ^.^

I hope to see your novels and your other works on here. Any particular books or authors that you draw out your inspiration from?

Anyway, feel free to drop me a PM (Private Message) whenever you need help around the site. Do drop into chat too! It's a great place for you to properly introduce yourself and make some great friends as well!

And just so you know, YWS is undergoing renovations at the moment so everything is a bit basic right now, but very soon, a lot of features will be added and there will be much more functionality than there already is! So feel free to poke around our forums and browse through the writing resources or the Randomosity forum for beating that boredom or head over to the lounge for general discussions and happenings. There's loads more to see as well!

Once again, welcome and enjoy your time here! Take care.

[P.S. - Your Avvie is very cool 8)]

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

Reviews: 0
Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:32 pm
View Likes
Amaranth says...

Well, it's nice to meet you, too, murtuza. :)

Some costumes I'm particularily proud of are my Hsien-ko, Germany, Rip van Winkle, and my Kakuzu pieces. But, I have cosplayed as Ennis, Hidan, Itachi, Selene, and a World of Warcraft Undead Gatekeeper.

Anime? Wow, where do I start...? I like Hetalia: Axis Powers, Junjo Romantica, Hellsing, Chobits, Baccano!, Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto, Basilisk, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Higurashi: When They Cry, and Toradora!

As for my muses, my girlfriend for one thing. She always gives me stories ideas and loves to read them... Although she has the attention span of a hamster. I also love to read the works of Yumi Tohma, Samuel Park, William Shakespeare, and Rudyard Kipling. Memoirs of a Geisha is my all-time favorite novel and I still read manga... (Yaoi, yuri, and shojo are my favorites, but there isn't a thing I won't read...)
"I'm working on it, dammit!"

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:47 pm
View Likes
murtuza says...

You've pulled off almost all the Akatsuki members! That's brilliant! ^.^

I'm a big Naruto and Bleach fan myself though I haven't heard of a few of the anime you've mentioned. I should check them out! :)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:10 am
View Likes
AlfredSymon says...

Jello, Amaranth! Mmmm. Tastes sweet!

A novelist, eh? Well here at YWS you can have them reviewed by the world's greatest young writer! (i.e. all of us members here, including you!) So don't hesitate or anything! Also, you're not the only one here who has Asian blood. There are lots of us. Yes, us. ;)

Good luck in your novels, and do read my Greeter Message I'll send you after this post.

Your pal,
Al :D
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

What's stopping you?
— David Mamet