z

Young Writers Society

Hello there

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:14 am
View Likes
Mythos says...

Hello, allow me to introduce myself. I'm a 19 year old writer based in London (Londoners feel free to get in touch). I mainly write film scripts, but I also work on whatever else takes my fancy.

I joined here because throughout my life I have never really had anyone to talk to who shares my passion for storytelling. Hopefully I can talk to people who do share my passion here. :)

Any questions, ask away...

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:34 am
EnchantedPanda says...

Hello Mythos,

I believe we've already met briefly on chat but anyway welcome to Young Writers Society :D! I'm DreamingForever but you can call me whatever floats your boat! Make sure you take a closer look around YWS, there are a lot more things to do than you'd think and I hope that you have fun around here! Everyone here is very friendly and always happy to help new members out so if you do happen to have a question feel free to ask me or anyone else!

Some interesting links you should check out are:

The lounge: Here you can relax and chat about non writing related stuff with other YWSers! It's fun and a great place to get to know other people!

Randomisity: You can go here for a laugh! This is just for wacky and fun games played between different people!

YWS writing: Here's where all the real action happens! This is where you can read other people's work and you also have the option of reviewing or commenting on writing!

I look forward to seeing you around and if you have any questions or you just want to chat then don't hesitate to PM me! Have fun!

From DreamingForever

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:11 pm
beckiw says...

Hey Mythos!

Welcome to YWS :) I'm also a Londoner...well I live in London, can't say I love it all that much lol

I looove the fact that you are into writing film scripts! Not many people are. I studied Film at university and currently work in television (sounds a lot more glamorous that it actually is).

Have no fear! This site is filled with people ready to talk your ears off about writing and their passion for it. This is the only place where I can talk to people about talking to my characters and they don't look at me like I should be locked away.

I hope you are finding your way around the site and if you have any questions, or just want to chat, then I am but a PM away. I lurk a lot in chat as well ;)

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Bex x
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:14 pm
Mythos says...

Thank you for making me feel welcome :).

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:21 pm
View Likes
Dragongirl says...

Hey Mythos,

Well I'm from the USA but I thought I might welcome you to the site anyway ;) . I've never written any type of script, so I think that is really neat that you do that. It always seemed like it would be difficult to me.

If you like to talk about your story ideas you have come to the right place, also YWS is a great place to get feedback on your writing. Thats why I love it! :D

So what type of scripts do you write. Fantasy, Sci fic, Historical?

Anyway, welcome to YWS again. Hope you like it here.

PM me if you have any questions about the site.

~Dragongirl
"Every writer I know has trouble writing." - Joseph Heller

~ A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones who need advice.~
- Bill Cosby

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:59 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

Hi, Mythos!

Welcome to YWS! I hope you're enjoying it here :) I'm ... well. We generally come to make nicknames for each other. Often people call me Mac, others call me Ducky, Blues or even MadDisco. Call me whatever you like! :)

London? I guess it's nice to have a Londoner here too, but that means more people have traffic jams, car exhaust and terrible Great British weather to deal with. Freel free to PM me to have a good ol' moan about it all ;)

Scripts? Sounds cool! I myself have no idea about scripts at all, but there are people who do! :) So, what Genre of scripts do you write? If so, have you finished any? How many?

So, feel free to Private Message me if you need help around the site. I hope you enjoy it here :)

-Mac

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:44 am
AlfredSymon says...

Hi Mr. Myth! A playwright, wow!

Hey, any literary work is welcome here at YWS! Post anything and have it reviewed. Here at YWS, we aim to develop everyone's writing and reading talent. So post away!

I'll send you a Greeter Message for a quick intro. Check it in your dashboard!

Your new pal,
Al ;)
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

163 Reviews

Reviews: 163
Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:32 am
View Likes
Kit says...

Welcome, welcome. Be very interested in your opinions about scriptwriting. Thanks to the devestatingly sexy Pigeon3, I saw Tom Stoppard speak recently, my mind was thoroughly blown, and I expect similar greatness from you, young British one.
The wild colonial (Aussie) girl
Kit
Princess of Parataxis, Mistress of Manichean McGuffins

'Tis the season to shovel enormous amounts of watermelon into your mouth while hunched over the cutting board like a dehydrated vampire that hasn't fed on blood in four hundred years and the only viable substitute is this questionable Christmas-colored fruit.
— Ari11