z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:42 pm
View Likes
Bumpeh says...

Hello everyone, I've been on the chat a few times and I decided I really like this site so far, everyone is very friendly and open. I'm a novice writer, I've been writing since I was 9 and I'm 15 now. Currently I'm formulating some ideas I have for a possible book, but I have to do some more brainstorming and tying up of loose ends before I get to work on it. Other than writing I play video games, and I do some programming, I'm hoping to become an Independent game developer/Author.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:34 am
Mikko says...

Hey Bump! Yeah, I've seen you in chat before but I thought I'd stop by and say hi!

What type of things do you write when you actually have the ideas and you tie it all down? Like, what genre and/or is poetry your style?

Of course, you must have some questions on how things work around here, right? Why not check out the Answers to Quesions Everyone Has thread? It should really answer just about anything you have on your mind about the site.

So, yeah, welcome. I hope you have great fun here and that you become as addicted as the rest of us (really, once you get started, you can't stop xD).

Happy writing, and good luck!

Peace,

- Mikko.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

144 Reviews

Reviews: 144
Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:46 am
GoldenQuill says...

Hay there! Welcome to the site, buddy! :}

I've been on the site forever now, I've just been absent for a bit--*awkward cough*--but I'm back now, so hallo!

My name's Serena, you can call me Aushy or Quill or really anything that pops into your mind at the moment.

What video games do you like to play? I'm sort of getting a lot into The Legend of Zelda right now. Sort of obsessed, no big deal. I've also played other video games before, however.

If you ever need anything reviewed, why don't you shoot me a PM or hop over to my review thread? Also, shoot me a PM anytime you're bored, I'm one of those people who likes to get into random conversations. :}

Once again, welcome to YWS!
formerly ZlyWilk

Finally achieving my dreams. Dive into a unique horror story.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:02 am
View Likes
Bumpeh says...

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I like to write fantasy the most, wizards and stuff like that. After the comes Sci-fi, and I do like to do horror, and mixtures of all three!

I play a lot of video games, some of my favorite are The legend of Zelda series, Minecraft, Terraria, Team fortress 2, and I play quite a few others.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:55 pm
Rydia says...

Hi Bumpeh, welcome to YWS!

Oooh a fantasy author, nom nom nom. That's really good because the way the games industry is going at the moment, fantasy is a huge part of the market so you might even find yourself writing the background stories for games in the future. That way you could work with both of your hobbies!

I'm an on and off gamer myself and I play a lot of Crash and the Jak and Daxter games but I also love stuff like the Time Crisis series and the x-men games. They're really cool.

If you've got any questions about anything or need help navigating the site then feel free to drop me a pm and I'll point you in the right direction!

Heather xxx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:02 pm
Dragongirl says...

Peh,

Bet you didn't expect that nickname, did ya? ;)

Well I'm not of a video gamer myself, about the only type of games I play are boardgames and I stink at those to. ;)

So you've been writing since you were 9. Sweet! I only started when I was 14 and let me tell you it was garbage. Anywho, if your look to improve your writing than you have come to the write, I mean, right place. YWS has helped me so much and I must say that you had it right about people being friendly on here. Everyone has been really nice to me. :D

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions! :)

~Dragongirl
"Every writer I know has trouble writing." - Joseph Heller

~ A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones who need advice.~
- Bill Cosby

Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.
— Welcome to Night Vale