z

Young Writers Society

I'm new here and excited about it!

Reviews: 1
Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:04 am
View Likes
ydnadeirf says...

Hello!

My name is Amanda but you can call me Andy. I am 20 years old and currently working on my Masters in Aerospace Engineering. While I am not wrapped up in my obsession with aircraft I am either playing my guitar and writing songs, or writing short stories. I mostly write true stories about my life experiences and I have accumulated so many of them I'm just thinking about making a autobiography out of them. And that is why I am here :) . I have been looking for a writing community where I could share my stories and get constructive feedback on them, and it looks like I came to the right place!

That is pretty much all about me. I can't wait to get started here and improve my writing skills while also helping others do the same! See you all around!
"Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy."
~F. Scott Fitzgerald

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:12 pm
AquaMarine says...

Hi Andy, welcome to YWS. :)

Um. Wow. Aerospace Engineering sounds seriously wonderful. I just watched a short program about the possibility of a 'space elevator'. Possibly not quite what you're doing, but still really interesting!

You have indeed come to the right place! Hopefully you'll enjoy posting your stories and looking at some other writing here on YWS. There are a huge array of writers here, so I'm sure you'll get some good feedback - it's really helped me.

If you have any questions, or would like a review, feel free to contact me!

See you around,

Amy
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:23 pm
beckiw says...

Aerospace Engineering? o.0 That sounds stupidly clever! And cool. Be my new best friend?

We're all about constructive feedback here! Since I've joined my writing has improved so much and it's all thanks to the multitude of lovely writers we have floating about here. So I look forward to seeing your stuff!

If you ever have any questions or just want a chat then I am but a PM away, or usually sat around in the chat :) Come visit!

Becki
x
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:27 pm
murtuza says...

Hey Andy! ^.^

It's so nice to have you join Young Writers' Society! Welcome and do let me know whenever you need any help or are just looking for someone to chat with. ;)

Aerospace sounds really interesting. I'm such a fan of space myself. I space-out a lot actually. :D *fails*
When did your fascination with Aerospace Engineering arise? It's great that you're pursuing something that's quite close to reaching for the stars. Would I be wrong in saying that you're looking to become an astronaut? For me, it's Journalism is that I aim to pursue and maybe one day, hopefully, I'll be good enough! So best of luck to you on your Masters. You'll do great!

I love playing the guitar as well. I can strum a few strings and chords, but what I really excel in is the Air-guitar! 8)
What type of music are you into? I can never decide between my favourites. There are always just too many.

I'd be happy to read your stories. I've written a couple myself and I'm still learning to master the art of story-writing. I'm sure there's much I can learn from your works! And feel free to view anyone's writings here on the site. You can review them and give some useful tips and suggestions and others can also see your works and review as well.

You've definitely come to the right place to express yourself. There are abundant resources at your disposal for writing tips, help, procrastinating and general lounging. So feel free to browse through and explore. Feel free to drop into chat too. You can enter chat by clicking the blue 'chat' button at the homepage. It's a good way to get yourself well acquainted with the members and make new friends.

See you around, Andy! And enjoy YWS!

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Lava says...

Fellow Engineeer!
Wheeee!

Well, hi and welcome to YWS!
I'm Lava, and I'm a biotech engineering student, also 20, hoping to complete a master's degree somewhere outside here.

I've found the reviewing community always helpful. It's helped me learn a lot. But then, we also tend to go crazy and have fun in the chat room.

Feel free to PM me if you need to talk/confuzzled by the YWS happenings.
See you around!

~Lex
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

Reviews: 1
Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:11 pm
View Likes
ydnadeirf says...

Wow! Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!

AquaMarine: I'm not going to lie, in all my years of being an aerospace/aeronautics student I have never heard of a space elevator. It is an interesting concept though, I research it for like an hour after you mentioned it (does that make me weird? ha ha).

beckiw: Yes I do consider aerospace engineering pretty 'cool' :) It defiantly stays interesting...

murtuza: Where did my fascination with Aerospace Engineering arise? That is a question that I am still trying to figure out. I have a few theories about it that you can read about in my stories, but basically I was born and raised in a small town with a Air Force Base. With jets constantly flying around the sky it was inevitable that I would be fascinated with aircraft :). I would love to be able to go into outerspace... if fact through out high school I was very content in becoming an astronaut. But the future of Americans in space doesn't look very positive at the current time. So I decided to make a focus out of research and developing jet aircraft. If they ever are looking for people to fly to the moon though, you know I will be the first one in line!!
As for the guitar, being from Montana I like to think that I am country and can write play those types of songs. Sometimes I have to give myself a reality check though (ha ha) and play some rock songs. I have both and acoustic and electric guitar so really its whatever mood I am in. I also have a piano that I like to play some classical music on :)

AzaleaLexis: Ahhhh biotechnological engineering! How can you handle all of the chemistry! Ha ha, I guess that's mostly biology though. I would have loved to go into the medical field. I was considering doing something like Aerospace medicine, but who am I kidding. I barley passed the one chemistry class to get the degree I have right now, ha ha. No, but that is awesome will you find a cure for arthritis for me? Its a killer when you are trying to fly and airplane!

Well again thank you everybody for the welcomes! See you all around!
"Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy."
~F. Scott Fitzgerald

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:48 am
View Likes
Lava says...

Aha! Totes! Let's look at those joints!
But the chemistry, is so hot. ;D XD
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:16 am
AlfredSymon says...

Hi Amanda! Alfred here to give you a warm welcome! *hugs* ;)

Wow! It seems that you're an achiever! Aircraft, songs, stories! You're talented, dear! I'm glad to see people like you! I know you'll be your best here at YWS. I just feel it ;) .

Anyways, I'll send you a short (well, actually, quite long, sorry!) Greeter Message after this post, be sure to read it!

Your pal,
Al ;)
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

You are not the voice in your mind, but the one who is aware of it.
— Eckhart Tolle