z

Young Writers Society

I greet the world.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:31 pm
View Likes
Love says...

Hallo. I just wish to note that I have joined this forum to... Ah, well... Because I am a writer? Yes, that should do :smt003 .

Anyhow, I am 16 years of age, currently residing in Ireland, although not my country of preference. I am fascinated by horror, currently reading through H.P.Lovecraft, as well as by fantasy, my favorite series being the Wheel of Time, but what truly intrigues me is the mix of the two (such as Lovecraft's work is, in a manner). I have begun writing a novel based on futuristic demon/robots (its actually more complex than that) wiping out humanity, and this I did from a general boredom. This turned out to be interesting, and I soon abandoned that work temporarily to be rewritten in the future, moving on to another story inspired by a song by Disturbed (forsaken), featuring a person being possessed by one of the most powerful spirits in 1964. This I have too abandoned temporarily, and have been working for some considerable time on learning piano and creating a video game.
But recently I have begun writing a short story, currently titled 'The Head', based on a nightmare I once had. I just hope that it will turn out at least reasonably good :)

Anyhow, I bid you all a terrifying night, to be a source of a black joy to those who wish it. Goodbye, until tomorrow's day.

P.S. I was searching for the Clubs within this website, considering it to be an interesting idea. Unable to find any button, I read a mention of some maintenance going on. Would this be the cause? Thank you.
I was Amareth :)

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:42 pm
Learner1 says...

Welcome to the forum Drakngha! :D I'm new here to.
Hey, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it, so get out there and do it!

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:56 pm
View Likes
Stori says...

Yes, at the moment YWS is being revamped. In the meantime, don't be shy about posting in the forums. There's also chat, which you can find on the main page. Have at it!

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:39 am
murtuza says...

Hey Draky!

Welcome to YWS! You've got a lot of stuff going on with you right now. Amazing! ;)
I've always been fond of Ireland and I might be going there soon one day.
And I hope you continue with those literary works of yours so that we can all have a look-see.

Creating a game sounds really interesting. What is your game about?

Yes, YWS is undergoing some renovations at the moment and there's loads of stuff to arrive. But it's all coming along well and will be here pretty soon! So look forward to all the cool features that are going to be here.
Clubs aren't around yet, but they will be back sooner than you can think. Why not use the time to think of coming up with ideas for your own club, eh? ;) This will help you keep up with what's going to be updated with the site. :D

But never the less, our forums are filled with a lot of useful content and provide for all types of procrastination too. So feel free to roam around and poke into the site.

It's a pleasure having you on Young Writers' Society. Take care and let me know if you need any help navigating the website.

Oh, and feel free to enter chat (press the blue 'chat' button on the homepage for that) so that you can introduce yourself and make some friends as well.

I'm looking forward to reading 'The Head'. ;)

G'night!

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:13 pm
View Likes
Love says...

Ah, I was unaware of any chatrooms. I am by nature not good at meeting new people, but I might try it. Anyway, thanks for the replies :)

murtuza, my game... Ah, no real topic yet. I was going to make it as a sequel to my second novel-in-progress, but decided otherwise for immersion purposes. I have been actively releasing video of it online, and if you google 'cryengine 3 horror game update 7' it will be the first video.

No, I personally do not find Ireland that good to live in. Many people (I mean no offence) seem like clones, the country is very small (meaning farms mostly) and the weather is depressing at best throughout the winter. If course, there are some interesting mountain ranges.

Anyway, peace be with you all.

P.S. The statement "I'm looking forward to reading 'The Head'." sounds really strange...
I was Amareth :)

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:54 pm
AlfredSymon says...

Hi! This is Al for a big warm WELCOME! I simply love your username, I love it so much, I can't pronounce it!

But that's the wonder of the written word, right? Here at YWS, we see your lingual views of the world, your literary perspective. And so, I congratulate you for including yourself in our writing family!

I'll gladly send you a Greeter Message for a short intro, so be sure to read it!

Your pal,
Al
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:35 pm
beckiw says...

Welcome to YWS, Drak!

Looks like you have no problems coming up with story ideas! I look forward to seeing these works around YWS.

Also...a computer game? Cooool. My brother studied Games Design and has set up a company that make games. That's a pretty cool talent to have.

And you should definitely pop into chat. It might be slightly unnerving at first, dealing with all us whacky chatters, but I'm sure you'll soon get into the swing of things.

If you ever have any questions then I am but a PM away :)

Bex x
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

Nothing says criminal activity like strong bones. ;)
— Magebird