z

Young Writers Society

Not much to say, just "Hi!"

Reviews: 1
Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:17 am
View Likes
narniej says...

Hello, users of the Young Writers Society. I just barely signed up but I'm glad there's a place like this where you can post work and not have people treat it like a joke. Pretty excited to read and do stuff, and by the way, I'm Narnie. :)
quicksilverwriter.blogspot.com
new short story every week
read OR send me a picture :)

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:08 pm
View Likes
murtuza says...

Hey, Narnie!

I'm so glad that you've joined YWS! You can definitely write whatever you feel here and have people give you reviews and opinions and suggestion and advice. You can also do the same for others' works as well.

Do let me know if you need any help in navigating around the website or if you need someone to chat to. You'll never find a dull moment at YWS for sure. Our forums are filled with fun and useful things that everyone can appreciate. And by the way YWS is still undergoing some renovations so there's still lots more to come!

I hope you enjoy YWS and I'm sure you'll make loads of friends. Let me be the first to welcome you. ;)

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:04 am
View Likes
EnchantedPanda says...

Hello narniej,

Welcome to the Young Writers Society, you've definitely come to the right place. Here you can recieve people's honest opinions on your work- both negative and positive! With advice and tips you can only grow and improve in your writing- right :D ? Don't be afraid to review or just comment on other peoples writing either! I can tell you now, if you do decide to share your thoughts on someone's writing it rarely goes unnoticed!

At first Young Writers Society might seem a little big- we've all been there! But after you've looked around everywhere you'll soon get used to how things work! If you need any help or have any questions just ask me through a PM (private message) and I'll be happy to help! Don't be afraid to ask questions, in fact it's people like to help each other out here so if you are ever curious about anything just ask!

I really hope you have a good time here and if you want to chat just ask me :D! I can gauruntee you'll have fun here and as Murty said,
You'll never find a dull moment at YWS for sure.
I'll see you around narnie!

From Dreamingforever

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:56 pm
View Likes
Charlie II says...

Hey there Narnie!

You've hit the nail on the head how people treat writing here: it's not a joke to anyone, but it's still great fun. ;) No-one is going to laugh at your writing or ask why you "waste your time doing something like that", so don't worry about it at all. The site is focused around reading and reviewing, so the more you help others the more help you'll get on your own works in return.

Also does your username, Narnie, have anything to do with C. S. Lewis' "Chronicles of Narnia"? Both my sister and I loved those books when we first read them, and the more recent films of them are rather good as well! If not how did you make it up?

I hope you enjoy the site, and do feel free to send a message if you've got any questions or need a hand with something.

Take care! :)

Charlie
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 pm
View Likes
AlfredSymon says...

Hiya Narnie! This is Alfred for a short greeting!

I know how it feels when no one treats your pieces as art. In YWS, we treat every piece as if they're published by professional writers. But on deep thought, we here at YWS are writers! And your view and perspective will be most welcome in this community!

Lemme give you a WARM WELCOME! *Sizzle*

Warm enough? Ha ha ha, kidding!

Let me give you a Greeter Message to warm you up! Be sure to read it, in it's your dashboard!

Oh, and remember, we are not 'users' of YWS, we are its 'Family'.

With utmost love,
Al
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

Everything is a lot of things!
— Hank Green