z

Young Writers Society

Hey! I'm New

Reviews: 1
Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:17 pm
View Likes
CStar says...

My name is Holly and i have found myself interested in writing song lyrics (i am clueless to the music side of it all). I was inspired to try it out and thought this would be a great place to start. I am new at writing stuff so please be patient but constructive criticism is welcome!
Anyway there is my introduction.
Give me a shout if you want to talk or some thing :)

C Star*
Coraggio di essere piü forte

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:20 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

Hi C*!
Or Holly!

Welcome to YWS! I'm sure you'll find some good constructive criticism here. YWS sure has helped me loooads.
Quite a few people are new at writing, but don't let that defer you from trying out something new.

Have fun 'round here.
And feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
~Azalea/Lava
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:13 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

Hi Holly (I really like your name, by the way)! Very nice to meet you :)

I hope you'll find what you're looking for here. Just like Lava, I have got so much help from the people on YWS, so I'm really happy that I found this place!

See you around, I hope!

Demeter
x
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

279 Reviews

Reviews: 279
Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:14 pm
View Likes
MasterGrieves says...

Hey Holly :) Welcome to YWS. If you need any advice just shoot up a PM to me. I hope to see great works from you :D
The Nation of Ulysses Must Prevail!

If you don't like Mikko, you better friggin' die.

The power of Robert Smith compels you!

Adam + Lisa ♥

When you greet a stranger look at his shoes.
Keep your money in your shoes.

I was 567ajt

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:31 pm
View Likes
murtuza says...

Hello Holly!

Welcome to YWS! It was great fun chatting with you and I hope you frequent chat so we can... um, chat! 8)

So you're a lyricist :). That's great. I love reading lyrics too and there are a lot of good lyricists here whom you can learn from and maybe even teach as well soon enough. ;)

YWS is a great place to start if you're looking for good detailed and/or constructive reviews. I'd love to review a few pieces from you. So feel free to ask me! And also, don't hesitate to ask me if you need help around the site. I'd be glad to be of service! I'm glad you're here at YWS. Let your writings speak.... or sing! (Lyrics et all... *fails*) xD

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:04 pm
View Likes
EnchantedPanda says...

Hello CStar,

A warm welcome to Young Writers Society! I really hope you enjoy our friendly little writerly community and I hope you have fun learning a bit more about writing, why not try something new, you might even catch a case of writing fever, it's contagious I think! :)

Anyway you say you're a lyricist! I really look forward to reading your work! Even though I'm not very talented at writing songs I still love music and really enjoy reading other peoples work so if you ever want a review I'd be honoured to review your lyrics for you!

Anyway I really look forward to seeing you around and if you have absolutely any questions about YWS or you just want to have a friendly chat I'm always ready to answer any queries you may have! Just shoot me a PM (private message) and I'll get back to you a.s.a.p.!

From DreamingForever

We're all stories in the end.
— 11th Doctor