z

Young Writers Society

*waves*

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:06 am
View Likes
Inkswirl says...

Hi there, nice to meet you all. Like most of you, I love to write, of course. I've done my fair share of hopping around online forums, I think I was here a few years back too, but God only knows what email address all that I used then, I don't... So anyways, here I am, to stay this time because I really need to get a writing routine going and I don't seem to be able to do that without support. So, writing forums seems like just the place to be! Though I must admit I'll probably be quite rusty at the start :/

Hmm, apart from writing, there's my love of drawing/painting, and I've started dabbling in photography a bit recently as well, we'll see how that goes. I'm a great fan of winter sports - snowboarding rather than skiing, ice skating definitely (roller-blading in summer doesn't quite make up for it, wouldn't you think?), and of course the snowball fights, what could possibly beat those? I also adore horses, though I haven't ridden in a long time now, but I'm still obsessed with anything equine related and perhaps one day, hopefully soon, I'll get back up in that saddle.

That's it about me really... oh, right, what do I write? Well, short stories mostly, I try a poem once in a while but I haven't worked up the courage to show those to anyone yet, I feel much more confident with prose somehow... I'd love to try some script writing though in the near future. I'm working up the determination to try a novel sometime soon, so hopefully once the words start flowing a bit more regularly and my writing stutter smooths itself out I'll gear myself up to face that challenge. But one step at a time, slowly now...

So yeah, there you go, hope that tells you something useful, can't wait to meet everyone around! :)
~I happen to feel the degree of a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting attitudes they can bring to bear on the same topic~
LISA ALTHER

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:53 am
View Likes
inkwell says...

Hey welcome to YWS, fellow ink! You've come to the right place to accomplish those goals. Good luck and PM me if you ever need a review.
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." — Einstein

13 Reviews

Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:40 am
View Likes
Inkswirl says...

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind :D
~I happen to feel the degree of a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting attitudes they can bring to bear on the same topic~
LISA ALTHER

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:49 am
View Likes
Demeter says...

Hi Inkswirl, nice to meet you! Welcome to YWS :)

You sound like a great new addition to the site, and I hope you'll make yourself at home! YWS might seem like just a writing site, but somehow it's so much more than that - it's a real community with friends everywhere you look. I hope you'll like it here, but I'm pretty sure you will ;)

Please let me know when you post something or if you need any help!

Demeter
x
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

13 Reviews

Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:12 pm
View Likes
Inkswirl says...

Thanks for the welcome! :)
LISA ALTHER

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:52 pm
Blues says...

Hey there, Inkswirl!

Welcome to YWS! I hope you enjoy it here. I'm Mac, but I've got a whole load of nicknames from stuff about ducks to Mad Discos to the more obvious ones. Feel free to call me whatever you like!

Sounds like you've come to the right place! YWS is great. Everyone's so friendly and there's so much to do, from chatting to reviewing to storybooking to procrastinating. And, this isn't it. YWS just went under a renovation, so all the features we had before will be back, which are even cooler, like clubs, Profiles (like FB), contests...

So yeah! Feel free to jump straight in. The only rules you need to know about is the stuff about no chatspeak, and that's pretty obvious, since this *is* a writer's forum.

So, hope you enjoy it here! Feel free to PM me if you'd like your first critique or if you've got any questions about the sight. You can also PM a mod (the people in green like Demeter up there^) if you've got any questions too.

-Mac

13 Reviews

Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:49 pm
View Likes
Inkswirl says...

Wow thank for all the info! :) Nice to meet you, Mac :) Yup the no chatspeak rule is a given don't worry, I won't abuse it. Thanks for the welcome :D
LISA ALTHER

If food is poetry, is not poetry also food?
— Joyce Carol Oates