z

Young Writers Society

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:29 am
Natural Militia says...

Hay,

I'm 16. I like to write on the side, and one of my new year resolutions was to get better at it. So I joined this site, and I'll post my future short stories (after I've edited them of course!). Although, it's the editing phase that I'm very weak with.

What I see myself doing in the future is having some kind of engineering job as my main career, and then some writing as a side career. And if writing takes off and I enjoy it a lot, maybe I could reverse the two.

Anyways, hello!

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:41 am
Lavvie says...

Hi there Militia!

YWS will definitely be here to help you write more and improve. It's definitely helped me over the near-two years I've been a member. What kind of genre do you prefer writing in? I'll write almost anything, but at the moment I'm writing a lot of romance. For a few years, it was fantasy. Do you have a favourite author? Personally, I can't choose over one or another. I like many, such as Malorie Blackman, Michael Scott and Siobhan Dowd.

As for YWS, it's pretty basic at the moment since it just had a giant makeover! But it's very easy to maneuver around. If you have any questions though, you can ask me or, rather, pester the people in light or dark green. They're the moderators!

Yours,
Lavvie

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:20 am
View Likes
Searria H. says...

Welcome to the site, Natural Militia! :smt039 I'm Searria, or Sea. Either is fine. :D

This site is not only good to help you improve your writing skills, but your editing as well. The more you review and read reviews, the better you will get at both. Don't worry about trying to edit your stories to death before posting them. We're here to help with that phase. :D No worries!

As Lavvie said, the site has just had a major makeover, so some of the normal features aren't here yet. You have a lot to look forward to, though. :D Just wander around a bit, and I'm sure you'll find your way soon. If you have any questions though, feel free to ask. We're all eager to help.
Good luck, and happy writing! :elephant:
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

i don't need to search the stars to know myself
— soundofmind