z

Young Writers Society

new to the site, here for writing support

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:04 pm
MoonlightMayhem says...

I'm Sharry and I'm 18.

I love creative writing, and I mainly write because I want to occupy myself and expand my imagination. I want to get better at writing as a skill.

My new novel is called Keychain Magic and I have posted a summary of it in the Read/Write section under fantasy novels.

I'm here to improve with voice and character. I also am hoping to sharpen my skills with writing activities.

If there's anything you'd like to know about me, from fun facts to writing, please ask. I'm hoping to make some writer friends who can offer me suggestions and advice, and I'm willing to offer my opinions and support in return.
Music <3

Death Cab for Cutie - Funeral For A Friend - A Day To Remember - Taking Back Sunday - Safetysuit - There For Tomorrow - OneRepublic - All American Rejects - Yellowcard - Motion City Soundtrack

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:11 am
Charlie II says...

Hey there Sharry -- it's very nice to meet you. ;)

It sounds like you're in the right place, from the look of your description. YWS is a friendly site to improve your writing and even just talk about it. I see you've found some of the "Community" forums for talking about writing already -- they're great fun and "Writing Activities" is particularly good if you just want to have some fun with words.

If you want people to write with and encourage you then you should check out the "Storybooks" forum. It's going to be renovated reasonably soon (along with a lot of the site!) but the idea behind it is that you write as part of a collaborative project and each writer involved plays a different character. It's similar to RPing (if you've heard of that) but the YWS version focuses more on good writing within them -- it's an excellent way to develop characterisation (which I see you have as one of your aims).

Finally reviewing -- this is one of the most important parts of the site! I don't know if you've heard the quote "to teach is to be taught yourself" but it holds very much here. The more you review the more writers you'll get to know, and the more interest you'll get in your own literary works. Reviewing to help other authors improve, in my experience, also makes your own writing better because you start to see what works and what doesn't and how to avoid it.

Anyway, the best way to find out more about YWS is to explore it and I'm sure you're doing a great job of that so far. Take care, be well, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to PM me. I hope to see you reviewing around the site soon!

Charlie
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:17 pm
ArahAkachi1 says...

Welcome Sharry! You will have a fun, enjoyable time here on Young Writers Society (YWS). You can post your works under certain categories and then get reviewed to get more skills for writing and to boost it and your vocabulary. Enjoy!
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:05 am
AlfredSymon says...

Hi Sharry! This is Al, giving you a great warm welcome! I love using the word welcome, and so I put 7 here (try to count them ;) )

*Welcome*

Welcome to YWS! Anyone who likes, practices, does, loves, adores and studies creative writing are most welcome here! Especially those who want to further develop their skills through social communication.

Novels are very much welcome here, too. I'd really love to read and, if possible, to critique your work. It just makes me excited!

I'm not the best writer around, but, I believe it's a passion in which I should strengthen further. I hope, although, as I've said, I'm not the best, I can be one of your writing buddies here at YWS. As they say, let's be welcome to new opportunities from coming fate.

I hope to know more about you! Lemme give you a Greeter Message, first, then let's get to know each other!

Again,
Al
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

There is nothing more radical or counter-cultural, at the moment, than laying down one’s cynicism in favour of tender vulnerability.
— John Green